Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Metaphysical Healing Technique.
(03-23-2022, 01:10 PM)NobodySpecial268 Wrote:
(03-23-2022, 03:49 AM)TDDA Wrote: A very interesting post I can add personal experience to.

Some years ago I had a girlfriend who was prone to migraine and headaches. I was watching TV while she hided in the bedroom, blinds closed and in agony from the migraine. I knew to leave her alone but I went to her for asking if I can do something for her. She said just stay and so I sat by the bed. After a while, I asked her if I should send her some love. This was the first time I brought "sending love" up with physical contact, as I felt up her temperature on the forehead. While doing that she said like "yes please" and so for the first time ever, I started to meditate and send love with my hand on her forehead.

I meditated and concentrated on the boundary between my hand and her head, just observing the feeling there, while I breathed up my chi (if this reads strange, look into QuiGong). And then I can not explain it, I just slowly concentrate on directing it into my hand, feeling out what is there, behind my hand. And often with migraine, I discovered afterwards, it would feel very chaotic. Like a whirlwind of a loose ball of cotton wool. Reads crazy I know but I can not explain it better. So sometimes I would send chi and sometimes not. But chi isn't love, love is in the act of willingness to spend time and energy to try ease the suffering of someone else in this case.

Often she would get better, not instantly and not always, but in a way it became apparent it was helping her. Sometimes I had the headache afterwards, what led me to be careful. Psychosomatic or indeed helping healing something different? I have no answer and do not believe others can not do this too. It's worth a try at least the next time a loved one suffers. It can not hurt, right?

But I know and heard about Reiki before, it has a bitter aftertaste for me though. Most I met practicing it just LOVE to manipulate others, taking the position of someone in the know and getting people to trust and submit. I am sure there are these good Reiki practitioners out there but it's the same like card laying for me. Often these are just people like me that are intuitively very fine adjusted with the addition of getting a kick out of being knowledgeable or mysterious in the eyes of others. I once had someone like that analyze me unasked and everyone around was upset because it was like the complete difference. But that person observed me doing something she determined for something different and that made me loose all respect for people that lay cards. But I drift off! I myself have faith and believe in such things, but often the so called medium is the fake thing / reason for it not to work.

'day TDDA. I'm glad you found a way to help, my ex-ish wife gets the migrains and I have the silent ones. A few teaspoons of honey is what I use these days. 

The hand technique. I use the 'eye in the palm of the hand' to treat others. The 'eyes' use the body's natural processes and inherant knowledge. It is disparaged these days. From observation, the knowledge is discouraged so other systems can take it's place. 

My mom did the three(?) Reiki levels back in the 1980s. For the benefit of her cats from memory. Though she did try the distant work on me occassionally. While I politely declined offers, there were times I would notice, and an antipathy towards other people using distant work stays with me to this day. Now that I think back, perhaps the antipathy would block due to declining. Knowing mom, there may have been a "I know better" ulterior motive behind it, perhaps unconscious.

I'm aware of the QuiGong to a degree, so I can follow the talk of the work with chi.

Thank you for the explanation, I now have a term I can look for and read about further. :)

Your antipathy towards people that practice distant work, or what I call "sending positive energy" is very understandable to me. In a way on the same level as some Tarot laying person having the audacity to interfere in a way like it does. That's why I will always ask and wait for permission if I want to send positive energy to someone. Even sending positive energy I deem a violation if it is unasked. It interferes with them and they don't know it, IMHO that's abuse. It is a bit different for your situation though.

<< Knowing mom, there may have been a "I know better" ulterior motive behind it, perhaps unconscious.>>
Yes, I am guilty of such things too towards my daughter. Because I love her and only want her best. It is necessary now, that I am like that, because she is young and unexperienced but at one point I am going to have to dial it down, so she can grow herself and even question myself. I will be super proud the first time she challenges me argumentatively and can explain her opinion. Then I know I did it right. Seems like your mom did it right, too :)

As a mother it's sometimes hard to accept a differing opinion "because we know better" and "It's for your greater good". We just want to protect but that can be counter productive often. Sometimes the best we want isn't the same best as the other would describe.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Metaphysical Healing Technique. - by Janny - 03-23-2022, 02:03 AM
RE: A Metaphysical Healing Technique. - by TDDA - 03-23-2022, 04:03 AM
RE: A Metaphysical Healing Technique. - by TDDA - 03-23-2022, 03:49 AM
RE: A Metaphysical Healing Technique. - by GATS22 - 03-23-2022, 10:45 AM
RE: A Metaphysical Healing Technique. - by TDDA - 03-23-2022, 12:36 PM
RE: A Metaphysical Healing Technique. - by TDDA - 03-23-2022, 01:25 PM
RE: A Metaphysical Healing Technique. - by Janny - 04-04-2022, 06:43 AM
RE: A Metaphysical Healing Technique. - by guohua - 03-23-2022, 03:58 AM
RE: A Metaphysical Healing Technique. - by Snarl - 05-16-2022, 03:11 AM