Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Metaphysical Healing Technique.
(03-23-2022, 02:55 AM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote:
(03-23-2022, 02:03 AM)Janny Wrote: Hi there, thanks for sharing.

When I learned the technique from nobodyspecial268 a while back, I started applying it to my kids. I noticed a simultaneous brightening in both our temperaments. The kids mostly. One of my kids used to get into a lot of fights. Overtime, that trend decreased. I was so happy.

One day while daydreaming about holding my kids I realized that there's a little girl inside that needs to be held too.

I'm not sure how that has worked out. It gives me an electrifying and dangerous sensation. It's not as peaceful as holding my kids. But maybe over time?

Did you experience discomfort while holding your inner child?
Glad to read your assertion that "it really works".

I wouldn't say "discomfort" but it was very strange at first. In the method I was taught I visualized myself in the place where the abuse began- walking through the neighborhood on a beautiful sunny day, feeling the warm sun and breeze, hearing the sounds and experiencing the smells on my walk there. As I approached the driveway I saw my child self playing alone in the yard and gingerly approached her, first smiling, then talking, then playing and climbing trees together and then went from there- not an instantaneous embrace right off the bat but a gaining of trust and showing that an adult could be kind without wanting anything but to spend time enjoying getting to know her before holding her and giving her true, no strings attached love. 

It didn't all get better overnight, it took several times and going much deeper later: entering the house, witnessing the fear and later the abuse and aftermath. You have to understand that it took place for many years and I repeated the method with my child self at every age and in every place it occurred But with each time I felt better and better until I reached the point where I could openly talk about any part of it with only a little feeling of sadness for the child whose childhood was for a big part lost and finally found peace.

Here that is called desensitizing therapy, it has a more fancy way to word it out that escapes me currently. Lot's of salt loss afterwards every time though. Can relate to you a lot and I am happy to read you got good results out of it too. What helped me most was to learn and understand that while this shaped/changed me, it is over and I can now build upon it. Still knowing my past but like you wrote, just a little feeling of sadness that is manageable and not overwhelming. After I learned this, I also stopped talking weird # in my sleep. 

It gave me so much more life quality but it was hell at the time where the desensitizing happened. And like you wrote at one point I went back to that situation not as an observer that can not do anything but as someone adult with a plan and courage, approaching my inner self and reaching out.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Metaphysical Healing Technique. - by Janny - 03-23-2022, 02:03 AM
RE: A Metaphysical Healing Technique. - by TDDA - 03-23-2022, 04:03 AM
RE: A Metaphysical Healing Technique. - by TDDA - 03-23-2022, 03:49 AM
RE: A Metaphysical Healing Technique. - by GATS22 - 03-23-2022, 10:45 AM
RE: A Metaphysical Healing Technique. - by TDDA - 03-23-2022, 12:36 PM
RE: A Metaphysical Healing Technique. - by TDDA - 03-23-2022, 01:25 PM
RE: A Metaphysical Healing Technique. - by Janny - 04-04-2022, 06:43 AM
RE: A Metaphysical Healing Technique. - by guohua - 03-23-2022, 03:58 AM
RE: A Metaphysical Healing Technique. - by Snarl - 05-16-2022, 03:11 AM