Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
From Road to Skillet
(03-16-2022, 02:51 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: Getting the "permission slip" is not a dumb idea. It demonstrates why you have venison in your freezer and never registered a deer killed during the hunting season. 

Don't get me wrong. What I have in my freezer is no one's business, especially the state. However, you nailed it with the Fish and Game types. There is no arguing with them. It's a  waste of breath. They are there to generate revenue and it's time to open your wallet. 

Had a run in this winter with one. The discussion was birdseed falling off the bird feeder where the deer can get at it. That is illegal where I live for some reason. I pointed across the street to a corn field not 200 yards from my bird feeder. He informed me the corn field is "naturally occurring" so it was OK. Naturally occurring corn fields? At that point you know you are at the end of the discussion. Just nod your head and make affirming noises, hopefully he'll leave.

Seems to me that bird seed falling off a feeder would also be "naturally occurring" then. It happens in the course of the birds scratching through the seed, naturally. Birds don't typically use tractors, plows, and combines during an average meal.

I've had several folks around here try to tell me that a game warden can search your house without a warrant. I said no, no they can't, but folks insist that they can. So I had to amend my statement to "well, what I mean is, attempting to search my house without a proper warrant is not an exercise I would recommend, for anyone" which seems to have horrified them. They said "you wouldn't shoot at a cop. would you?" So I had to inform them that I'll shoot ANYONE trying to break into my house without proper legal authority. Anyone, badge or not, who tries to get into my house without the proper legal paperwork is just another home invasion robber to me, and would get dealt with accordingly.

There is a reason the Constitution and Bill of Rights were written as they were.

Since those conversations, I've moved to a county where at least the sheriff's department knows I mean exactly what I say. They tried it with a SWAT team, and failed to gain entry. Turned out they were trying to raid the wrong house, but it got exciting for a bit until we got that fact established and everything sorted out.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
From Road to Skillet - by guohua - 03-13-2022, 04:03 PM
RE: From Road to Skillet - by Minstrel - 03-13-2022, 05:09 PM
RE: From Road to Skillet - by guohua - 03-17-2022, 07:49 PM
RE: From Road to Skillet - by Chiefsmom - 03-17-2022, 08:48 PM
RE: From Road to Skillet - by guohua - 03-17-2022, 09:16 PM
RE: From Road to Skillet - by GeauxHomeLittleD - 03-13-2022, 07:30 PM
RE: From Road to Skillet - by BIAD - 03-13-2022, 07:33 PM
RE: From Road to Skillet - by ABNARTY - 03-15-2022, 09:25 PM
RE: From Road to Skillet - by Ninurta - 03-15-2022, 10:23 PM
RE: From Road to Skillet - by ABNARTY - 03-16-2022, 02:51 PM
RE: From Road to Skillet - by Ninurta - 03-16-2022, 10:43 PM