Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
World Economic Forum’s “Young Global Leaders” Revealed
I read this very strange post written by a WEF alumnus in her efforts to explain the "own nothing and be happy" philosophy. As explanations go, it was a miserable failure. 

According to her, you will "own" nothing, but be able to have anything delivered to you to "borrow" on demand. Everything is allegedly "free" as well. She does not, however, go into any sort of detail on just who is paying for all this "free" stuff, or who is delivering it to your door, or picking it back up when you are finished using it.

You do not even own your own living or sleeping space - any space in your quarters you are not using is subject to takeover by strangers. She mentions that, for example, her living room might be used for business meetings when she is not busy living in it.

She mentions the "free' stuff starting out as "services", sort of like what some companies are doing now - except they are charging for it, rather than giving it away free. "Software as a service" is a model that companies like Adobe have embraced, where you no longer have a copy of the software, it resides "in the cloud", and that is also where you have to use it, and store whatever you create with it. Miss a monthly payment, and POOF! no more access. Microsoft is another company dabbling with "software as a service", having taken to keeping Office, for example, "in the cloud", and charging monthly fees for access thereto. They had quietly intended to move Windows 10 in that same direction, such that your operating system was a "service" in the cloud with a monthly fee to use your computer, payable to Microsoft, but something appears to have gone haywire with that scheme. I say that because they are now coming out with Windows 11, and Win10 never got moved to "the cloud".

Microsoft initially said that Windows 10 would be the last version of Windows, undergoing constant forced updates to maintain currency, but never changing it's name. I guess something went haywire with that plan, too.

So the emerging concept is that you will neither "own" anything, nor have any actual possessions - not even the clothes on your back. Everything is to be a "service", and up for grabs to strangers. I believe it was Janis Joplin who crooned "freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose", and they  seem to have taken that notion literally, and to heart.

And no mention, anywhere I could see in the article, of who is to pay for these "services", or how they are to be paid for.

All in all, it sounds a lot like the life of a farm animal - nothing and nowhere is "yours", everything is provided to you by a mysterious master or "farmer"... and also no mention of what the purpose of that is, or the end game. For farm animals, the purpose and end game usually involves a guest appearance on the farmer's dinner table...

Never look a gift horse in the mouth, because you are not likely to like what you find - no one is going to just give you everything for nothing. There is always a price to be paid, and you may not like the price you will be charged for all this "free" stuff. I just have no idea what that price would be, and they aren't telling.

"Owning nothing and being happy" is the life of livestock, not human beings. Don't be livestock.

She does, however, mention near the end of the article how bad she feels for those allowed to exist out in the hinterlands, living as free men always have lived, without the free bedding and grain, so there is that potential. Apparently only the cities are to be fenced in and provided for. Us barbarians out beyond civilization will be allowed to retain our freedom... so long as we don't dare to exercise it, I suppose.

This is their goal for 2030 - just 8 short years from now.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: World Economic Forum’s “Young Global Leaders” Revealed - by Ninurta - 02-12-2022, 10:35 PM