Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bye Bye CNN I hope
(01-13-2022, 05:33 AM)senona Wrote: For one thing, they no longer have Trump to bash 24/7...

...Great for viewership = ratings...

This is a very important point as CNN and others, rely on emotive issues to drive those ratings.
A programme's content requires a lot to enhance and sustain a narrative -right or left, and if a preferred and
controversial target is no longer available, a new candidate from that same setting needs to be generated.

The sad part is that many who view the mainstream news don't realise that in order to purvey certain articles,
a lot of work and time goes into creating the stories with optics, interviews, appropriate background music
and preferred actors for the pieces. Hence, it isn't up-to-date news, but a managed creation to entertain and
deliberately trigger a response from those who view them. 

'News' should be mundane at times, as events and incidents happen to everyone. But to the MSM, this isn't
believed to be ratings-worthy and so, gate-keeping becomes the norm with favoured news items sourced from
opinions. No different from a YouTube video about mythology and mysteries!

Due to the heavy investment from the political world, I'd guess that CNN will splutter on alongside others who
are and have been voice-boxes for donating lobbying-groups, big businesses and criminal organisations.

The current trash they're selling to the public might just be enough to get them to the mid-terms for the US,
but considering the possible outcome, it would leave the major networks with a difficult task on how to spin what
may lay ahead.

The one-thing I can't get my head around is if Trump was so evil and his policies so bad, why the MSM didn't linger
longer on the US-public's decision to vote for an alternative. Such an outcome should've been a welcoming boost of
confidence in the major outlets and show that telling those who pulled the handle for Biden did the right thing and
were directed to with practical, truthful coverage.

But it was just left behind, proof that the MSM got it right and that they were trustworthy. It felt like something wrong
was done for a reason and that reason was would good enough to do, but not discuss. Odd really, as it would've aligned
the public and the news-networks in a better situation to further the ratings.
minusculethinking

The biggest story in recent years was how a TV entertainer and property-tycoon became a President and then lost to
a career-politician who also had no experience in governance. A tale of a contentious rich businessman who believed
he had the public's backing and yet, lost to someone who struggled to generate gatherings to speak to and grabbed
the White House with a massive majority vote in his favour.
minusculethinking

Maybe such ponderings belong on a 'mysteries' YouTube video!

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
Bye Bye CNN I hope - by 727Sky - 01-13-2022, 04:00 AM
RE: Bye Bye CNN I hope - by senona - 01-13-2022, 05:33 AM
RE: Bye Bye CNN I hope - by Ninurta - 01-13-2022, 06:37 AM
RE: Bye Bye CNN I hope - by BIAD - 01-13-2022, 10:29 AM
RE: Bye Bye CNN I hope - by Ninurta - 01-13-2022, 06:08 PM
RE: Bye Bye CNN I hope - by ABNARTY - 01-14-2022, 12:13 AM
RE: Bye Bye CNN I hope - by Ninurta - 01-14-2022, 10:13 AM
RE: Bye Bye CNN I hope - by BIAD - 01-14-2022, 10:23 AM