Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Peggy Powler & The Puddledown Incident.
(12-30-2021, 04:59 PM)ABNARTY Wrote:
(12-30-2021, 09:49 AM)BIAD Wrote:
(12-29-2021, 10:26 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: The baddy (the wolf) is a good one. I like how the environment develops as the story unfolds. 

Somehow it keeps reminding me of how the Predator was treated in the first movie. You heard stories about it. Saw what he was seeing now and then. Kind of like Jaws. You are nervous about it and you haven't even seen the shark yet.

Please don't take that the wrong way. I am terrible at describing stuff. I loved that aspect of those movies and I like it in your story too.

That's how I saw it developing in my head! Keep the monster off-stage for most of the story!
tinybiggrin
I am glad you are not upset about that and I agree with you on the plan.
I really like stories where it is a little more Lovecraftian. The monster is a mystery. Not something easily handled. And it doesn't really care about you. 
In one readers opinion, there are too many Mighty Mouse-esque stories out there. The protagonist easily wins every round. Just by showing up, things return to normal. There is nothing relatable in that. Life doesn't let you win every round. 
When the good-guy is challenged or knocked around, it makes for a richer story. Here, Peggy has to think quite a bit to figure out where the whole thing even starts. She doesn't fly in, cape waving in the breeze, to save the day. There are a lot of unknowns (for the reader) flapping around and it makes you really want to find out what is going on along with PP. 
Thanks for doing this.

Wow this is busy. zig and zag... still got the Wolf....

Messages In This Thread
Peggy Powler & The Puddledown Incident. - by BIAD - 12-25-2021, 07:32 PM
RE: Peggy Powler & The Puddledown Incident. - by PLOTUS - 01-16-2022, 07:26 PM