Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[England] The Liverpool Explosion.
(11-16-2021, 07:01 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 05:38 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: @"BIAD" 

That puts a twist on the situation.

From what I understand, apostasy is a huge no-no in Islam.  So then his application was turned down.  I wonder if he thought he'd rather go out as a suicide bomber ... to appease Allah? ... to restore his image in the eyes of the Muslim community ... as an act of revenge against a community that had (legally) rejected him after he had cut his ties with his community of origin?

Cheers

That is a possibility, and yes, apostasy is a big bad no-no in Islam. You are given 3 days to rethink that decision, and if, at the end of the 3 days, you have not recanted back to Islam, you are fair game for any Muslim moving. I had a fatwa on me when I left Islam. Grace was spared that, because no one here knows she was ever Muslim, and no one from where she was from knew she had converted.

Another possibility is the concept of taqqiya - that he was lying about his conversion and merely living as a Christian, playing the part, in an attempt to set those around him at ease so that they would not suspect what he was up to.

Your last paragraph here that I've highlighted outlines my thoughts on the subject.  Are there others in the community using this tactic.  Perhaps those in the Christian faith might be mindful of who they sponsor and convert to their beliefs.

Regards,

Bally

Edit - Dammit, the paragraph won't highlight.  :) 

(mod note: You've got to highlight quoted text with color as I did here - for some reason I've never been able to figure out, bold just doesn't bold like it ought to in quotes. - Ninurta)

Messages In This Thread
[England] The Liverpool Explosion. - by BIAD - 11-15-2021, 03:53 PM
RE: [England] The Liverpool Explosion. - by BIAD - 11-15-2021, 07:30 PM
RE: [England] The Liverpool Explosion. - by BIAD - 11-16-2021, 07:11 PM
RE: [England] The Liverpool Explosion. - by BIAD - 11-16-2021, 09:58 AM
RE: [England] The Liverpool Explosion. - by BIAD - 11-16-2021, 01:48 PM
RE: [England] The Liverpool Explosion. - by BIAD - 11-16-2021, 05:50 PM
RE: [England] The Liverpool Explosion. - by Bally002 - 11-17-2021, 06:45 PM
RE: [England] The Liverpool Explosion. - by BIAD - 11-17-2021, 07:29 PM