Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[England] The Liverpool Explosion.
(11-16-2021, 05:38 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: @"BIAD" 

That puts a twist on the situation.

From what I understand, apostasy is a huge no-no in Islam.  So then his application was turned down.  I wonder if he thought he'd rather go out as a suicide bomber ... to appease Allah? ... to restore his image in the eyes of the Muslim community ... as an act of revenge against a community that had (legally) rejected him after he had cut his ties with his community of origin?

Cheers

That is a possibility, and yes, apostasy is a big bad no-no in Islam. You are given 3 days to rethink that decision, and if, at the end of the 3 days, you have not recanted back to Islam, you are fair game for any Muslim moving. I had a fatwa on me when I left Islam. Grace was spared that, because no one here knows she was ever Muslim, and no one from where she was from knew she had converted.

Another possibility is the concept of taqqiya - that he was lying about his conversion and merely living as a Christian, playing the part, in an attempt to set those around him at ease so that they would not suspect what he was up to.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
[England] The Liverpool Explosion. - by BIAD - 11-15-2021, 03:53 PM
RE: [England] The Liverpool Explosion. - by BIAD - 11-15-2021, 07:30 PM
RE: [England] The Liverpool Explosion. - by BIAD - 11-16-2021, 07:11 PM
RE: [England] The Liverpool Explosion. - by BIAD - 11-16-2021, 09:58 AM
RE: [England] The Liverpool Explosion. - by BIAD - 11-16-2021, 01:48 PM
RE: [England] The Liverpool Explosion. - by BIAD - 11-16-2021, 05:50 PM
RE: [England] The Liverpool Explosion. - by Ninurta - 11-16-2021, 07:01 PM
RE: [England] The Liverpool Explosion. - by BIAD - 11-17-2021, 07:29 PM