Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
No Bathroom Wall out-lets or A/C!!??
My English may be showing...

I have no A/C. This is the first house I've lived in for years without it, and I don't miss it. I'm a warm weather creature, anyhow.

ALL of my lights in this house have pull cords. All of them.

The wall sockets here are all around 60 years old, so they are all the old bakelight jobs that set directly ON the wall, not IN it.

I do not have carpet n the bathroom, but have lived in a few places that did have it there, wall to wall.

The washing machine and dryer are not technically in my kitchen, bur ARE directly on the other side of the wall from the cooking stove, so, pretty close. The house used to have a wrap-around porch along two sides of it, but one side was walled in to form an enclosed porch, and a utility room was separated off of one end of that, the kitchen end.

The English "idiot idioms" are all used here almost exactly as they were mentioned. Additionally, we have "not the sharpest knife in the drawer",  "a few bricks shy of a full load", "ain't playin' with a full deck of cards", and the ubiquitous Southern "Well bless your heart!" Which really means "you ain't very bright, so here's some pity for you!"

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
No Bathroom Wall out-lets or A/C!!?? - by guohua - 11-15-2021, 12:02 AM
RE: No Bathroom Wall out-lets or A/C!!?? - by Ninurta - 11-15-2021, 01:58 AM