Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Interesting topic for marriage with a woman
(11-07-2021, 11:34 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: I've heard that about Filipino women as well who marry Americans -- divorce after getting U.S. citizenship is not uncommon.

German women are (or used to be) different.  They insisted on living in their home country and would divorce if the husband had to return to the USA.

Cheers

My Dear Old Dad used to tell me that I had almost been a German - he was apparently set to marry  German girl when he got out of the army and intended to stay in Germany, but the army told him he had to return to the US to process out, but could return to Germany on his own dime if he wanted to afterwards. He couldn't get back to Germany, and she either couldn't or wouldn't come to America, so it never happened.

I have a friend who is half Filippino. His ma was from the Philippines, his dad in the Navy stationed there. His dad used to tell him that for a quarter more, he could have been German, too.

That's cold.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interesting topic for marriage with a woman - by Ninurta - 11-07-2021, 08:04 PM