Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What will the Millennials do,,,,,
(10-30-2021, 02:11 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(10-30-2021, 08:07 AM)Ninurta Wrote: But some folks, no. Just no. A shallow trench and dirt in their face is all they have to look forward to, whatever they think right now. Some think they are badasses, warlords, and the like, and they are legends in their own minds. The first real badass they run into will settle their hash forthwith.

Cooperation and trade are the routes to survival. just taking what you want, contrary to post apocalyptic movies, is the route to oblivion and the end. A lot of city folks, and some rural wannabe badasses, with find that out post haste, to their detriment.

Exactly. I have attended a few community meetings where folk are trying to get together, to organize networking groups, to weather the storms that we all know are approaching. I have found it easy to weed out those that will be useless, and those you want in your network.

The ones that waste time talking smack and regurgitating a bunch crap they have consumed from the internet, I stay far away from. I don't go to the meeting to hear political views, and in person parroting of talking heads. I would have stayed home with my keyboard it that was what I was looking for.

When the SHTF, survival is the goal. We won't have time to think about left, right, or sideways. It is about straight up survival, we can pick up the petty BS, after the storm has past.

In the mean time, I agree, it would be foolish to waste resources on badasses, war lords, and those that are legends in their own mind.

I am pretty good at helping people find their hidden skills, so if I send you packing, then it is because I can't help you learn to help yourself. I know it sounds harsh, and heartless, but I vehemently agree that the best thing for a lot of groups, will be to have a few shallow trenches.

Folks who demonstrate a proclivity to just take what is not theirs, and an inability to cooperate, in the best of times will not improve their demeanor when times get rough. I expect places like San Francisco will be depopulated forthwith. If one will loot a Walgreens in broad daylight when times are relatively easy, he's not suddenly going to become a model citizen and a paragon of virtue when everything slides sideways.

Best to shoot 'em as soon as you see 'em, and prevent trouble on down the road that's sure to come if you don't. If you let 'em get a toehold. well, that's how petty warlords get started.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
What will the Millennials do,,,,, - by guohua - 10-29-2021, 08:17 PM
RE: What will the Millennials do,,,,, - by guohua - 10-30-2021, 12:40 AM
RE: What will the Millennials do,,,,, - by Ninurta - 10-30-2021, 02:52 PM
RE: What will the Millennials do,,,,, - by Kenzo - 10-30-2021, 03:36 PM
RE: What will the Millennials do,,,,, - by Kenzo - 10-30-2021, 05:44 PM
RE: What will the Millennials do,,,,, - by guohua - 10-30-2021, 07:41 PM
RE: What will the Millennials do,,,,, - by guohua - 10-31-2021, 02:28 AM
RE: What will the Millennials do,,,,, - by BIAD - 10-31-2021, 10:25 AM
RE: What will the Millennials do,,,,, - by guohua - 10-31-2021, 05:01 PM