Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What will the Millennials do,,,,,
(10-30-2021, 05:44 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: People will adjust fairly quickly, if they don't then they will not make it.

That right there may be the plainest fact I have ever seen on the internet.

A lot will not make it, because they can't. They are not geared for it, mentally. They have come to have far too much reliance on modern tech, and have not been able to ass themselves enough to learn about more primitive tech. Others, who think the world owes them, do not have the mindset to survive without being parasites. I can think of at least one, right off the top of my head, who will not survive the first week of such an event. I personally guarantee his non-survival. The first time I see him, he will be done. No questions asked, no conversation had. Just done.

Other folks are better at working together. They will be the survivors. Folks who know nothing is free, and not everything belongs to them but will have to be traded for, have a chance. Trade routes and markets will happen. Workers, suppliers, and consumers will work out deals on a local scale, deals that will spread through the network.

But some folks, no. Just no. A shallow trench and dirt in their face is all they have to look forward to, whatever they think right now. Some think they are badasses, warlords, and the like, and they are legends in their own minds. The first real badass they run into will settle their hash forthwith.

Cooperation and trade are the routes to survival. just taking what you want, contrary to post apocalyptic movies, is the route to oblivion and the end. A lot of city folks, and some rural wannabe badasses, with find that out post haste, to their detriment.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
What will the Millennials do,,,,, - by guohua - 10-29-2021, 08:17 PM
RE: What will the Millennials do,,,,, - by guohua - 10-30-2021, 12:40 AM
RE: What will the Millennials do,,,,, - by Ninurta - 10-30-2021, 08:07 AM
RE: What will the Millennials do,,,,, - by Kenzo - 10-30-2021, 03:36 PM
RE: What will the Millennials do,,,,, - by Kenzo - 10-30-2021, 05:44 PM
RE: What will the Millennials do,,,,, - by guohua - 10-30-2021, 07:41 PM
RE: What will the Millennials do,,,,, - by guohua - 10-31-2021, 02:28 AM
RE: What will the Millennials do,,,,, - by BIAD - 10-31-2021, 10:25 AM
RE: What will the Millennials do,,,,, - by guohua - 10-31-2021, 05:01 PM