Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Things Have Certainly Changed Rapidly
Been away from influence of almost any kind for about half a year ... just me and what I was getting paid to do.  Last time I was 'isolated', I was serving overseas and away from America for a bit more than a decade.  Took me almost a year to catch-up from that.  What I'm seeing now just looks like I'm living in the dreams of a madman.

Local businesses don't have customers inside the stores anymore.  Even the big-box retailers seem to have far fewer customers.  Wondering: did everyone reach their credit limit?  Is everyone just shopping Amazon from home (like me)?  I feel it costs too much just to drive into town to 'shop for things' that I can just as easily browse for on-line and wait a-day-or-so for delivery. Is this what the great re-set is supposed to look like?  Are we all going to become house hermits until the breeding stops.

And (my God!!) the people around here got even fatter.  I didn't see fat people where I was.  Don't have a problem with fatties, it's just that they're SO fat it's like my eyes are trying to deceive me.

Have to delete the stuff I wrote after that last period.  Better hit "post" now to see if this generates any discussion, or if I should just keep my thoughts on this subject to myself.

tinycool
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!

Messages In This Thread
Things Have Certainly Changed Rapidly - by Snarl - 10-11-2021, 02:05 PM