Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Our Dearest Mystic Wanderer, you will be missed
(09-14-2021, 10:59 AM)Ninurta Wrote: Mystic, my daughter, you'll be missed.

She was one of only two people on God's Green Earth that could get away with calling me "daddy". It was a long running joke - there was a reason she could get away with it -  she was actually a couple years older than I, but always young at heart, filled with the joy of exploration and discovery like any other kid.

This was her last post at Rouge Nation. Kind of anticlimactic, but true to form she was still driving at understanding stuff, and frustrated when it was just beyond her grasp. That was posted on 24 August.

I think I found her obituary, but won't post a link here. Mystic was always so paranoid about her privacy that I'm not sure it would be right to post it here, and put her information out like that. If i'm right, the reason I couldn't find her when I was beating the bushes in the wilds of the internet searching for her is that I was searching under her maiden name instead of her married name. It also has @"Spirit Scribe" listed in it, so there is that to consider, too. 

As she got older, her body betrayed her as all of our bodies do in due course. Among other things, she had some back trouble... it got her down occasionally, but could not keep her down.

@"Mystic Wanderer" was prolific here at RN3 So prolific that I am convinced there were times when she kept the site alive with her threads, kept it from stagnating. Although her last post in a thread was on 24 August, she did come back after that, but only communicated in the shoutbox.

On 25 August, she shouted:

Quote:Mystic Wanderer - Not feeling well today. Got up with low blood sugar and almost fainted. Dizzy, and out of breath. Don't know what is going on with me. Been taking it easy today. May have to go to doctor if this shortness of breath continues. It could be pneumonia. - 25 Aug 16:49

Ninurta - @Mystic Wanderer - Been around anyone that took the jab? - 25 Aug 16:58

Mystic Wanderer - @Ninurta Probably. I had to go inside the hospital a few days ago. UGH! I don't feel like it's covid, just probably pneumonia. I'm taking my home meds. Going to see how I feel tomorrow. I cured Covid at home last time. I can cure this too. - 25 Aug 18:17

So she was feeling poorly then. Had I known that would be the last time I spoke to her, I'd  have probably tried to find something more memorable or important to say. But I didn't know. When it comes, it comes just that quick... here, then suddenly not here.

The 26th, the last day she was here, she was still feeling poorly but looking towards the future, and had just ordered some HCQ:

Quote:Mystic Wanderer - Just ordered my HCQ from the Front Line Doctors. Meant to do this last week, but the time was wrong. I couldn't guarantee I'd be home to take the call last week. Hope I'm not too late. I feel like shit. Only reason I'm on the computer now was to come make my account with them. - 26 Aug 14:23

Mystic Wanderer - Heading back to the recliner. Have a good evening RN. - 26 Aug 14:24

Mystic Wanderer - 12 us service members killed! 15 wounded, so far from a suicide bomb in Afghanistan. - 26 Aug 15:05

We didn't always see eye to eye on things, and had our spats, and I'm sure those disagreements frustrated her as much as they did me, but I don't think she held a grudge over them. You don't call someone "daddy" when you're grudging at them, do you? I never held a grudge against her over the points we disagreed on, either - and that's unusual, because I hold a grudge like nobody's business. But she had a way about her, and I just couldn't hold that grudge.

And Mystic will be missed.

She never let on to me that she felt bad... which makes me feel kinda bad now. I had just recently changed jobs where I work, and was having some adjustment issues for a while. I know she kept it from me because of that. She didn't want me to worry I guess. Thank you for sharing these posts. It was almost time for us to get together and take our annual fall trip into the mountains to take in the scenery and some really good food at this little roadside cafe' we both loved.

Spirit Scribe

Messages In This Thread
RE: Our Dearest Mystic Wanderer, you will be missed - by Spirit Scribe - 09-15-2021, 02:06 AM