Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
They are working on a Jurassic dino to walk the earth once again
(09-07-2021, 01:37 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: I wonder about the O2 content as well.  It would be cruel to bring back a species that suffered its entire life because the environment today differs from that of 65 MILLION YEARS ago.

Would rather see them bring back Wooly Mammoths.

Cheers

I'd have to double check, but I think O2 levels throughout the dinosaur age were comparable to O2 levels of today, although CO2 was higher. The high O2 levels of around 31% were accomplished during the Carboniferous Period, before the Carboniferous Rain Forest Collapse. The climate during the dinosaur age was, however, much warmer than it is today, and that has been true of most of Earth's history. We were a warm planet before the ice ages, which we are still in. "Global Warming" is an attempt by the planet to escape the ice ages and return to normalcy.

Earth has shaken off ice ages before. 750 million years ago, the entire planet, all the way to the equator, was covered in ice in a period known as "Iceball Earth" or "Snowball Earth", but we escaped that after a few million years. Ice ages also occurred at the end of the Carboniferous and into the Permian, before the age of dinosaurs, and we escaped that. Regardless of the global warming crowd's attempts to keep us in this current ice age, Earth will escape it, too. Man cannot defeat nature. Nature is much, much bigger than man.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: They are working on a Jurassic dino to walk the earth once again - by Ninurta - 09-07-2021, 05:54 PM