Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
P C or Safe Place
(09-01-2016, 08:49 PM)guohua Wrote:
Quote:Rutgers: to avoid microaggressions, only speak when 'necessary'

"Microaggressions"? The hell is a "microaggression"? An aggression so bitty that nobody notices? What good is that? If I'm going to aggress someone, I damned well WANT them to notice! No point to it otherwise! No wonder so many folks are getting killed these days - dumbasses don't know a real aggression, maybe we should call it "macroaggression" so they can figure it out, and they get blindsided by them while they're seeking out bitty little "microaggressions"!

Quote:I need to visit one of these campuses, I'd have these Children Crying and Pissing themselves in One Minute!

I'm with ya! let's go have a couple beers to lube the vocal chords, and go teach 'em how to wet themselves properly!

Quote:What is scary is in a few years a few of these Pansy's will be elected to some congressional office and will try to pass some crazy laws to make this crap law of the land.

There's still hope. I've been doing managerial kind of work lately, and most of the workforce there is kids. The other day, one young lady had a grouchy-assed customer on the phone, and asked for help. She said the fiery entitled young man was telling her what she WAS GOING to do regarding his difficulties, and as it turned out, what he was demanding was impossible - so you see the conflict.

I said " 'Scuse me - I don't think I heard you correctly. Did you just say the fella told you what you were GONNA do?" and got a response in the affirmative, to which I replied " He seems not to comprehend the situation. You gotta understand that YOU are in the driver's seat here. YOU have this fella's whole world in your hands. YOU have your finger on the button, not him - YOU own this situation, YOU are in control" Then I went into a minor drill sergeant sort of meltdown that drew a little attention and dropped some jaws, made a couple eyes bug out, all without getting loud or rowdy, or using the same word twice. By the time I was done, a small crowd was standing, and one kid started clapping, and that spread through the tiny crowd. Apparently, as the kid told me, they had never heard such creative use of the English language without resort to vulgarisms.

So, the young lady was nearly in tears because of the dickhead on the phone, and her inability to resolve the conflict by doing the impossible. I said "here's what you do to resolve this mess: be firm. You don't have to be nasty or combative, just be firm. You are a rock, and he's NOT going to move you. He has to be given that understanding. What he wants can't be done. End. Of." And I left her there to sort it out.

I checked back on her a little later, and she was simply amazed. I asked her if it worked, and with awe in her voice (awe of her own abilities, and what she had accomplished) she said "Yeah, it did. He just said 'oh, ok' and that was the end of it."

Did I give her a "safe space"? Why hell no! I made her use a new tool she didn't have before to resolve it, and she got it done on her own. Now she'll have that tool in her kit forever, and won't need me when the situation arises again, anywhere in life. Whats more, all the kids who witnessed it have that tool now, too.

Instead of a "safe space", I gave her a set of balls of her very own that she'll need a wheel barrow to haul around.

There is hope. You don't coddle them or give them "safe spaces" to hide in, you give them the tools to handle it on their own, and cut 'em loose to handle it. Like any other kids, they can be taught, and God help those whiny snot-nosed "safe spacers" if they ever have a run in with MY kids. I already know whose gonna lose.

There is wisdom in the Bible, regardless of the religious aspects. In Proverbs it says "train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it." Those whiny-assed kids being "prepared" at these liberal colleges ain't getting trained right, and when they run up against MY kids in the real world years from now, they're gonna be in for a hell of a ride.

Come to think of it, we're getting a little long in the tooth these days. How 'bout we just train a few more kids and cut 'em loose on the world, then sit in the shade with our beers and watch 'em clean up?
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
P C or Safe Place - by guohua - 08-25-2016, 11:48 PM
RE: P C or Safe Place - by senona - 08-26-2016, 01:23 AM
RE: P C or Safe Place - by Daitengu - 08-26-2016, 01:50 AM
RE: P C or Safe Place - by gordi - 08-26-2016, 06:42 PM
RE: P C or Safe Place - by guohua - 08-27-2016, 11:40 PM
RE: P C or Safe Place - by Ninurta - 08-27-2016, 05:52 PM
RE: P C or Safe Place - by guohua - 08-27-2016, 11:29 PM
RE: P C or Safe Place - by guohua - 09-01-2016, 08:12 PM
RE: P C or Safe Place - by guohua - 09-01-2016, 08:49 PM
RE: P C or Safe Place - by Ninurta - 09-12-2016, 04:26 AM
RE: P C or Safe Place - by BIAD - 09-02-2016, 02:41 PM