Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"It Always Feel Like Someone Is..."
We have a landline purely for concern of my elderly and half-blind mother-in-law.

For years, we've been getting potential scammers trying to con us out of our money.
My wife is more pragmatic than me and attempts (and usually succeeds) in pulling them away from their
scripted narrative and getting to ridicule themselves through their own bent logic.

Me when they call...? I'm the half-deaf frisky clergyman or the paranoid old man who's underwear smells of fish
or the odd smooth-voiced person who constantly says 'theth methaleth' after two minutes of the caller's babbling.
(Tongue sticking out throughout the call.)
tinyhuh

A couple of weeks ago, when an Indian chap named 'Allen' or 'Simon' rang to explain about an expired warranty on an
appliance we didn't have, my better-half used a ruse she'd resisted up until now. She explained to Al -or whatever western
name he was using, that the effects of these types of phone-calls on her mental health were becoming just too much!

Her trembling voice -that she struggled to maintain, was excellent and the tones hinting at supplication would be admired
by anyone who sucked the dick of BLM or any other virtue-signalling organisation. The scammer became flustered, humbly
apologised and then hung-up.
tinylaughing

The result was astounding! We may get the odd automatic voice-call from Amazon telling us we owe £1.99 on a package
we didn't order, but the annoying personal human-to-human calls have stopped!
*Taps wood as I type that!*

tinybiggrin
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
"It Always Feel Like Someone Is..." - by BIAD - 07-19-2021, 08:32 PM
RE: "It Always Feel Like Someone Is..." - by BIAD - 07-19-2021, 09:21 PM
RE: "It Always Feel Like Someone Is..." - by BIAD - 07-19-2021, 09:30 PM
RE: "It Always Feel Like Someone Is..." - by BIAD - 07-24-2021, 11:00 AM