Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"It Always Feel Like Someone Is..."
Big Brother is watching you.

My experience in this area leans more heavily towards computers than it does cell phones. A couple years ago, I did catch my cell phone activating it's microphone and just sitting listening twice, The first time I figured it was a fluke, a glitch in the matrix, but the second time I was pretty sure it was a targeted attack. It sat there listening for about 2 1/2 hours. After that incident, I "de-Googled" the phone, and it cured that problem. I deleted all location services, and anything that was connected with Google other than the Android OS itself. It didn't inconvenience me at all, since I use my phone to, you know, make calls and stuff, and never try to pretend that it's some kind of computer. I have computers to do computer things, and a phone to do phone things, and the two do not intersect.

I rarely ever take my phone with me when I am out and about. As far as the Privacy Invaders are concerned, I'm just sitting at home, minding my own business, because that is where my phone is. Turning it off to carry it with me when I move about would send up red flags, and indicate to them that I may be up to something they want to know about, so I just don't do that - I leave it on and harmless instead.

This phone has sensors that my previous phones did not have, so I do make use of them for things like direction finding (compass and mapping software), and one neat little program that tells me what stars I'm looking at when I hold it up to the sky - it knows where it is pointed, and it's orientation with respect to the Earth, so it pops in a picture of the stars in that section of sky, labelled in whatever direction it is "looking".

I bought this particular laptop specifically because it has neither a camera nor a microphone. They cannot access and exploit what is not there.

The following excerpt is telling:

Quote:The presence in the data of a very small number of landlines and US numbers, which NSO says are “technically impossible” to access with its tools, reveals some targets were selected by NSO clients even though they could not be infected with Pegasus.

While the article does not say so explicitly, the hilighted portion indicates that the US government is one of the clients of that company in it's quest to spy on citizens. There is no need for US numbers to be in there unless they are being spied upon, and the NSO company contracts to governments... so, you do the math on that revelation.

Big Brother is Watching You.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
"It Always Feel Like Someone Is..." - by BIAD - 07-19-2021, 08:32 PM
RE: "It Always Feel Like Someone Is..." - by BIAD - 07-19-2021, 09:21 PM
RE: "It Always Feel Like Someone Is..." - by Ninurta - 07-19-2021, 09:21 PM
RE: "It Always Feel Like Someone Is..." - by BIAD - 07-19-2021, 09:30 PM
RE: "It Always Feel Like Someone Is..." - by BIAD - 07-24-2021, 11:00 AM