Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A New Human On The Block.
(06-26-2021, 10:09 AM)BIAD Wrote: It'll be interesting to hear Ninurta's opinion on the images that you kindly provided, the rendering showing the
facial features of this early-human confuses the standard assumption by myself regarding the modern-day eastern
-Asian physical appearance

He looks like the unearthed European versions of early man and in today's politicised-world, I'm surprised that this poor
soul wasn't modified to benefit a political agenda!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9540]

(From WonderCow's link:)

The skull looks very similar to me to the one found in Petralona, Greece, and somewhat similar to those fro Sima de Los Huesos in Spain. I think those are both around 400 to 600 thousand years old, and are of a species called "homo antecessor" in some circles.

The eyes look neanderthal-ish, and speculation among some is that antecessor may have been the ancestors of both Neanderthals and Denisovans. Others say that ancestor was heidelbergensis instead, and yet others make no distinctions between the two.

The skull in the image is long and low, like neanderthal, antecessor, and heidelbergensis, but doesn't appear to have the occipital "bun" diagnostic of neanderthals.

Other gross features of neanderthals, discernible to the eye on a live specimen, are the relative body proportions that are not covered in this specimen for the most part. Neanderthals had larger eyes than modern humans, and the spacing of them was wider than in moderns, and that shows in this specimen as well. It may have been an intermediate species, or another branch altogether. It still might be a Denisovan, as no denisovans have been identified to tell other than a finger fragment and a couple of teeth from the Altai Mountains and a jaw from Tibet. DNA evidence extracted form them indicate they were more closely related to neanderthals than to modern folks, and that those two split off from each other a couple hundred thousand years after their ancestors split off from the lineage that led to modern humans.

Neanderthals were shorter than modern humans and had a differently shaped ribcage that gave an appearance of them having no waist. their skulls were larger than modern people but mounted on a shorter body, giving them a look of having big heads. Their distal limbs - the forearms and shins - were around 20% shorter in relation to their upper arms and thighs, and overall bodily proportion than is common among modern humans. The net effect of all these differences was to make them look more like dwarves to a modern eye. They looked sort of "muscle bound".

About a year or a year and a half ago, I was dissatisfied with all the reconstructions you see in museums, as the recent bent is to try to make neanderthals look more "human" in a modern sense, so liberties have been taken in making most of them. So, I used software ("Virtual Plastic Surgery" and some other image manipulation software) to edit some photos of modern people to conform to the proportions I had worked out from data in the literature to get a better idea of what they "really" looked like. It was eye-opening. overall, they seemed a cross between modern human dwarves and regular moderns, with primitive heads and facial features, They eyes in particular looked pretty weird, like some of those Japanese cartoons with the huge eyes.

If I can find them, I'll try and post an image I edited of me, my facial features warped to conform to neanderthal proportions, I've got my own permission to post those. The other, full body images are of other folks, and they're nekkid to get the body proportions right, so I won't be posting those here. Besides, I can't get permissions to post those from the models, anyhow.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
A New Human On The Block. - by BIAD - 06-24-2021, 10:03 PM
RE: A New Human On The Block. - by 727Sky - 06-25-2021, 07:23 AM
RE: A New Human On The Block. - by BIAD - 06-25-2021, 06:01 PM
RE: A New Human On The Block. - by Ninurta - 06-25-2021, 08:35 PM
RE: A New Human On The Block. - by WonderCow - 06-26-2021, 09:49 AM
RE: A New Human On The Block. - by BIAD - 06-26-2021, 10:09 AM
RE: A New Human On The Block. - by Ninurta - 06-26-2021, 07:06 PM
RE: A New Human On The Block. - by BIAD - 06-26-2021, 09:40 PM
RE: A New Human On The Block. - by Ninurta - 06-26-2021, 10:27 PM
RE: A New Human On The Block. - by hounddoghowlie - 06-25-2021, 02:00 PM
RE: A New Human On The Block. - by hounddoghowlie - 06-25-2021, 02:09 PM