Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Miami-Beach Condo Collapses.
(06-30-2021, 06:14 AM)Antisthenes Wrote: The curious thing though is that 15 million in special assessments had been declared for the buildings  unit owners. That left each owner with a bill of 185,000 - 385,000 dollars. With the assessment looming over the tennants head, it makes ypu wonder if something more nefarious was at play. Particularly in light of the observation by witnesses that they had in fact heard explosions...https://www.npr.org/sections/live-update...ntly-worse

https://www.npr.org/sections/live-update...ntly-worse

I must confess, I'm not very well versed in condo ownership, since I've never been one for living in an ant-hill if I could avoid it. Does this mean that when you buy a condo, you don;t actually buy it at all, and someone else is the "unit owner"?

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(06-30-2021, 09:27 AM)Ninurta Wrote: I must confess, I'm not very well versed in condo ownership, since I've never been one for living in an ant-hill if I could avoid it.
Does this mean that when you buy a condo, you don;t actually buy it at all, and someone else is the "unit owner"?

A Condominium Lease Agreement is a form that is signed between the owner of a residential unit located
in a condominium association and rents out space to a willing tenant.

The individual(s) that decide to lease the space will be obligated to uphold the rules and regulations of the association
and they should have all rights to use any of the facilities, common areas, and have any other privileges of the community
(unless otherwise stated in the agreement).

The condominium owner and lessee shall hold the same landlord and tenant rights as if the property were any other type
of residential unit and once signed, the document becomes legally binding to both parties.

A condominium, is a unit of property amongst other similar units that share the rights to the property’s common areas.
Most residential high rises you see in cities are condos. Each owner within the condominium pays an “association” fee
which goes towards the maintenance of the property and salaries of those employed by the association (Doormen,
cleaners, etc.).
(Source:)
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Unfortunately, the "Association" which is sometimes a group of the homeowners and in other instances an outside management group are assigned to make communal decisions for when and how maintenence and other decisions of upkeep are carried out. This is the bane of condominium ownership. You agree to a set monthly amount to be paid to the Asssociation to pay for these items but should there be a shortfall, the homewner agrees to pay a special assessment. This divides the cost of the item in question into parts generally determined by each owners square footage.
So in this instance, the 15 million dollar assessment split between the owners came to 180 to 385K. This amount would need to be paid in full by a certain date before the work was to be performed.
Imagine you're on a fixed income as many are in that region and you have just been asked to pony up a quarter of a million dollars?
The concern for explosions needs to be investigayed. It could have been imploding concrete bu then again? Buildings are often burned to the ground to take advantage of Insurance payouts. Many times it happens without regard for those occupying the building. As unconscionable as it may seem, desperate people often do the unconscionable.
It will be interesting to see if an investigation regarding this will be pursued or if Insurers will just go as lambs to slaughter. The finger pointing will definitely begin in ernest soon. The lawsuits from survivprs will be copious and it's unlikely Doe's 1-50 will evem begin to cover it.
internet Agent Provocateur
(06-30-2021, 11:39 AM)BIAD Wrote:
(06-30-2021, 09:27 AM)Ninurta Wrote: I must confess, I'm not very well versed in condo ownership, since I've never been one for living in an ant-hill if I could avoid it.
Does this mean that when you buy a condo, you don;t actually buy it at all, and someone else is the "unit owner"?

A Condominium Lease Agreement is a form that is signed between the owner of a residential unit located
in a condominium association and rents out space to a willing tenant.

The individual(s) that decide to lease the space will be obligated to uphold the rules and regulations of the association
and they should have all rights to use any of the facilities, common areas, and have any other privileges of the community
(unless otherwise stated in the agreement).

The condominium owner and lessee shall hold the same landlord and tenant rights as if the property were any other type
of residential unit and once signed, the document becomes legally binding to both parties.

A condominium, is a unit of property amongst other similar units that share the rights to the property’s common areas.
Most residential high rises you see in cities are condos. Each owner within the condominium pays an “association” fee
which goes towards the maintenance of the property and salaries of those employed by the association (Doormen,
cleaners, etc.).
(Source:)

That sounds like a pretty piss poor deal to me. I used to hear folks talk about how they "bought a condo", and as it turns out, it sounds like they are just renting one for exorbitant rates with way too many other folks telling them what they can and can't do with their own patch that they are footing the bills for.

This confirms to me why I stay in the woods - to be well away from folks with that sort of mentality.

Now for the next bit: I'm killed. I was sitting here minding my own business a bit ago, with the TV on for background noise, and some dumbassed bimbo (not AOC - a different dumbassed bimbo) got on national television, and right there in front of God and everybody made the asinine claim that "climate change" caused this building to collapse.

Reminder, folks - stay off drugs. they'll fry your brain to a crisp. Then you have to take a job in the BidenHarris regime.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

@"Ninurta" 
That was (Brain Dead) Bidens Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm.
Everyone can hear her and read the article here: She Is Stupid

She also stats that we are losing inches and inches of beach every ear. DAMN, these people are just Ignorant!

The sea level has risen some 8 inches around the world since 1900, and especially during the 40 years since the Surfside tower was built, Zhong-Ren Peng, director of iAdapt — the International Center for Adaptation Planning and Design at the University of Florida — wrote in a piece for USA Today.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Quote:Now for the next bit: I'm killed. I was sitting here minding my own business a bit ago, with the TV on for background noise, and some dumbassed bimbo (not AOC - a different dumbassed bimbo) got on national television, and right there in front of God and everybody made the asinine claim that "climate change" caused this building to collapse.

smallroflmao  That's about all we have in the Biden administration right now. Nuff said. 
(07-01-2021, 12:04 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
Quote:Now for the next bit: I'm killed. I was sitting here minding my own business a bit ago, with the TV on for background noise, and some dumbassed bimbo (not AOC - a different dumbassed bimbo) got on national television, and right there in front of God and everybody made the asinine claim that "climate change" caused this building to collapse.

smallroflmao  That's about all we have in the Biden administration right now. Nuff said. 

There is no "Biden Administration" Administrations are legitimate, and legitimately elected. The BidenHarris regime is a regime - you know, what they call it when a coup is accomplished and an office usurped.