Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Anyone here posts on Tik Tok
(06-09-2021, 05:30 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: Don't do any of them. I found an old post I made asking for help understanding Twitter. Never understood it, never joined.

Dumped Facebook after my children were grown, and have never seen Tik Tok, outside of what was posted to YouTube.

Having said all of that, I have no fear of China. It is the US government that gives me concern.

I think our biggest problem is that we don't have a clear definition for what is the function of our Federal government. The Federal government is not our nanny, our God, our provider.

At least not to me.

It is the responsibility of the local government to identify, and support the people in meeting their needs. Not the job of the Federal government to control the people, and not the job of the Federal government to tell the people what to think, do, or desire.

We need to step up and take responsibility for our own communities. We need to stop thinking the Federal government is going to come to our rescue.

Absolutely.

We need to bring the bulk of the seat of government back to local, closer to the people it actually governs. Government of a people from a distance has never worked out very well. Real government has to actually be down in the trenches with them so that it can see and gauge the results of it's action on THEM, not gauge it by the results on a people 1500 miles away from them. What's "good" for Los Angeles is not necessarily "good" for Tanner's Crossroads, WV. There is no "one size fits all" government, and that is the only kind the Federal Government is equipped to provide.

According to the Constitution, The Federal government is there to deal with foreign relations as a nation, trade, war, and the like, and to settle disputes between states, "regulate interstate commerce", and provide for the common defense. They have extended themselves beyond their remit over time, and have used the "interstate commerce" clause to seize power that is not theirs to seize, to deal with things that have no bearing on interstate commerce whatsoever.

They need to be brought back into their proper framework, and the micromanaging of things they know nothing about has to end. 

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
Anyone here posts on Tik Tok - by guohua - 06-08-2021, 07:51 PM
RE: Anyone here posts on Tik Tok - by Ninurta - 06-09-2021, 01:27 AM
RE: Anyone here posts on Tik Tok - by Ninurta - 06-09-2021, 09:59 PM
RE: Anyone here posts on Tik Tok - by BIAD - 06-10-2021, 09:04 AM
RE: Anyone here posts on Tik Tok - by F2d5thCav - 06-10-2021, 08:36 AM