Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
It’s Donald Trump’s Party
(06-09-2021, 10:02 PM)727Sky Wrote:  Trump threw a wrench into their well oiled machine with his American first,  so now it is full steam ahead...or at least it appears that way to me...

Me too. I think he has served the purpose he set out to accomplish - shaking folks awake and demonstrating that if they want their country to succeed, all they have to do is stick to their guns and damn the torpedoes. He showed us what works, BidenHarris is showing us what won't work, and the next several years will tell the tale of whether or not anyone was watching.

Trump's main thrust appears to me to have been to make folks aware that if they want America First, then all they have to do is set that course,  pursue America First policies, and stay on that course whatever is thrown at them. He did that with bells tied on while at the same time re-installing the America First spirit so that it keeps on going.

Now I don't think he will run again, either. Instead I think another will be groomed to fill that position and carry on his work. Trump would be a little bit off to subject himself, his family, and everyone around him to that shit-show once more. His job in office is done - why keep doing it?

Still, it is always good to keep your opponent guessing, and so long as they THINK he might run again, he draws the focus and all the attendant attention, which gives his successor breathing room to develop and grow into the job.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
It’s Donald Trump’s Party - by guohua - 06-08-2021, 07:40 PM
RE: It’s Donald Trump’s Party - by Ninurta - 06-09-2021, 01:39 AM
RE: It’s Donald Trump’s Party - by ABNARTY - 06-09-2021, 02:32 AM
RE: It’s Donald Trump’s Party - by guohua - 06-09-2021, 05:42 PM
RE: It’s Donald Trump’s Party - by Ninurta - 06-09-2021, 09:42 PM
RE: It’s Donald Trump’s Party - by 727Sky - 06-09-2021, 09:45 PM
RE: It’s Donald Trump’s Party - by 727Sky - 06-09-2021, 10:02 PM
RE: It’s Donald Trump’s Party - by Ninurta - 06-09-2021, 11:04 PM
RE: It’s Donald Trump’s Party - by guohua - 06-09-2021, 10:41 PM