Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
It Was In A Book I Read...
(05-10-2021, 01:03 PM)BIAD Wrote: Journalists... they move in mysterious ways.
tinysure

They certainly do, don't they? I reckon all professions have their share of individuals willing to swoop in and claim credit for someone else's labors. but journalists have the wherewithal to make it stick - after all, they have photographers and editors at their beck and call to create and provide the "proof" of their claims!

I used to have a block of that linotype. A single line from a single column of a forgotten edition of the "Akron Beacon Journal" from around 1970 or 1971. I don't recall the precise year I acquired it on a tour of that facility. A modern savant would only marvel at it, I suppose, with the offhand comment that they should have gotten a copy of Corel Publisher for their layout editor to create the galleys on a PC with, to make their work easier and do away with those stacks of leaded print altogether... never truly understanding that in those days, neither PC's nor Corel Publisher even existed...

... and actual humans had to do actual work to put the paper to bed!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
It Was In A Book I Read... - by BIAD - 05-10-2021, 01:03 PM
RE: It Was In A Book I Read... - by Ninurta - 05-10-2021, 09:10 PM
RE: It Was In A Book I Read... - by BIAD - 05-11-2021, 10:39 AM
RE: It Was In A Book I Read... - by ABNARTY - 05-11-2021, 02:07 AM