Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Strange Fate of Phobos II
(05-07-2021, 02:47 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: That shot of the shadow is pretty weird. Almost looks like Oumuamua. Coincidence?

Although I knew of the Phobos II image years and years ago, and I knew of Oumuamua, I had not made that connection until your post. For that I thank you. Oumuamua has been confirmed to have been of extrasolar origin, and there is at least one scientist who has claimed it to be a probe from an alien civilization doing an exploratory flyby or our solar system. Although I have not seen any photos of Oumuamua, the description of it's shape does fit the shape shown in the Phobos II image. 

The Orion Project of the British Interplanetary Society that was studied back in the 1970's proposed just such a series of probe fly-throughs of the Barnard's Star system before sending a manned mission, to give us intelligence of what to expect before humans arrived. The Orion probes would also have done fly-throughs of the Barnard system, travelling too fast through it to stop and orbit anything, just as Oumuamua did our own system.

Fully 1/3 of all know Earth missions to Mars have failed, been destroyed. That is a higher failure rate than missions to any other celestial body. It strikes me as odd, and suspicious. Other missions have occasionally failed, but none with as high a proportion as Mars missions.

Although I've seen a lot of photos of Mars anomalies, the only ones I have not been able to explain are the Phobos II photograph and the alleged "mars Bigfoot" statue. At one time I had software that would take images made with the Mars rover cameras, and measure distance using the parallax between the stereo cameras as a baseline of a triangle. In an effort to debunk the "bigfoot" pictures, I tracked down the original images and ran them through the software. I came up with a distance to the object, which allowed me to compute it's size give the pixel resolution of the cameras, and I found it was only around 3 inches tall. A 3D steregraphic image I made also showed that it was a distinct object, sticking up from a perch on a rock, and not a "shadow" as many of the debunkers at the time were claiming. Now, I know it was not a bigfoot, and I know it was not a living thing of any sort, but it was, without a doubt in my mind, a statuette... and I had no explanation for it's existence on the surface of Mars. No idea who put it there, or why.

Likewise the shadow cast on the surface of Phobos photographed by the Phobos II mission. It was too regularly shaped, and too smooth, to be a naturally formed object. The fact that it's shadow was projected on Phobos but no part of it could be seen in the photo demonstrates that it was behind the Phobos II probe, meaning it was space-borne and inward bound towards Phobos.

However, it was shown long before the Oumuamua fly-by. and sending an exploratory probe after the fact of a Phobos settlement by an alien race would seem to be putting the cart before the horse, so I cannot explain the sequence of events if both were from the same civilization.

Maybe that's why they are "aliens" - even their thought processes are alien to us.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
Strange Fate of Phobos II - by guohua - 05-06-2021, 11:43 PM
RE: Strange Fate of Phobos II - by ABNARTY - 05-07-2021, 02:47 AM
RE: Strange Fate of Phobos II - by Ninurta - 05-07-2021, 07:59 AM
RE: Strange Fate of Phobos II - by BIAD - 05-07-2021, 08:51 AM
RE: Strange Fate of Phobos II - by 727Sky - 05-07-2021, 10:59 AM
RE: Strange Fate of Phobos II - by Ninurta - 05-07-2021, 11:36 PM