Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Who want their kids to be sex workers?
I just completed a class on Human Trafficking that focused on recognition and ways to safely intervene, for both the patient and the staff.

I knew trafficking of children by parents happened, but even I was shocked to find out just how often this disgusting crime occurs.

When is comes to human trafficking, the first thing the average person thinks of is violence and sex. There is more labor trafficking than sex trafficking. Physical violence often is not involved, fear is the most effective of the means the trafficker uses, and it can happen to anyone, at any age, of any race, from any country. Sometimes the lines blur.

Often times the child does not know they are being trafficked. Even worse is when the child is a willing participant in the sex trade, which is different from trafficking, but still disgusting, illegal, and just plain wrong. Poverty is the most common excused used. Which to me means the only solution is to make the punishment so severe for the buyer, that they will greatly fear the outcome, and not commit this horrible crime.

I can think of a few punishments, but they would all also be considered criminal acts, but I fear any humane punishment would not be enough of a deterrent.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who want their kids to be sex workers? - by drussell41 - 05-04-2021, 07:37 PM
RE: Who want their kids to be sex workers? - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 05-07-2021, 01:57 AM