Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[France] Honestly... It Wasn't An Anti-Semitic Killing!
(04-26-2021, 12:17 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: So... smoking dope, a completely self imposed situation, is now cause for 'mentally unfit for trial'. 

How many people committing crimes throughout the history of humanity, have committed those crimes while under the influence of drugs or alcohol? Most of them?!?!

It's really weird that we have a murder, yet the issue is the tightrope between anti-semitic and anti-muslim perception.

The part that really gripes my ass is this one:

Quote:French courts have recognised the killing as an antisemitic crime but declared that 32-year-old Traoré, currently in a psychiatric hospital, could not be tried as he was in the grip of a drug-induced “delusional fit” and not in control of his actions.

My ass.

I've known a lot of pot smokers in my day, but never have met one that it caused to go violently psychotic. Furthermore, even if he WAS psychotic on reefer, he was STILL in control of his actions and is responsible for them. That control and responsibility traces right back to the instant he fired that bowl up. That is the precise point where he started "controlling his actions", and all subsequent actions dependent thereon. No one forced him to - HE is entirely and completely responsible all on his own.

Responsibility, not lame excuses.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: [France] Honestly... It Wasn't An Anti-Semitic Killing! - by Ninurta - 08-12-2021, 12:51 AM