Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Supportive foreigner's opinion about the current state of USA
(02-09-2021, 08:36 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: @"Finspiracy", America has her problems, but it is nothing like what you are seeing in the media or on the internet. For every ten people they show you on the internet that are full of hate, and want war. There are tens of thousands that are compassionate, caring, and just want to be left alone.

I will share this because it again reminded me of how people are just people, even when they are angry or hurting.

I saw a man a couple of weeks ago. He looked angry. He was aloof and barely looked at me when I spoke to him. He walked past me and sat on a bench as far away from everyone as he could. Don't ask me why, but I took him a Chick-fil-A sandwich, and a cup of coffee. I walked over, handed them to him, smiled, and walked away.

He didn't even say thank you, but I didn't expect him to. When I was cleaning up, he walked over and asked me if I needed any help. I told him that I was almost finished, but thanked him for offering. He said okay, and walked away. He turned around and said, "That sandwich was really good". I told him thank you, and my heart was filled with joy.

As @GeauxHomeLittleD said, we are interdependent.

I like your posts, and it is an honor to have your post in my thread. You don't stir shit, you offer voice of reason and stories from real life.

Story about the man, coffee and sandwich was heart-warming! Things like these actually seem to happen... but will not make it to the news, dunno, maybe chaos and destruction brings better viewer ratings.

Thank you minusculeclap
"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre

Messages In This Thread
RE: Supportive foreigner's opinion about the current state of USA - by Finspiracy - 02-10-2021, 03:03 AM