Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
So you missed the windows 10 upgrade
I "missed" the Win10 "upgrade" on purpose. I will not be migrating any of my machines to Win10.

When I installed Win7 on this netbook, the very first automatic update installed that blasted stealthware/hostageware "Get Windows 10" nag program, so I wiped the drive and re-installed Win7, and turned off the update function.

One of the annoying aspects of Win10 is that you CAN NOT turn off the update function, M$ owns all Win10 computers, regardless of who actually paid for them or who THINKS they own them, and can change your software, delete or install new software, without any notice at all. THEY own your Win10 computer, not YOU. There have already been cases of a Win10 "update" that has removed software from client computers without notice, and disallowed it's re-installation.

The very least problem with Win10 is the start button - they brought it back by popular demand, but not really. Now it's  just an electronic billboard that you can't get away from the advertising on. Unlike the ill-considered Win8 "Start screen" that you COULD get away from, Win10 has migrated it to the Start button so there is no escape, and loaded it down with ads.

Unless M$ returns ownership of client computers to the people who actually paid for them, I will not be updating any M$ products beyond Win7. I've installed this bitty little netbook as a dual-boot system with Linux (Zorin OS flavor) so I can get more used to Linux and eventually just migrate away from M$ altogether.

I don't like Windows that have bars on them.

I wonder if it's safe to turn on the update function again now that M$ has ran through it's "free" update period, but I seriously doubt it, so I'm not going to. If MS wants to own MY computer, they can pay ME to operate it, not the other way around.
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
So you missed the windows 10 upgrade - by 727Sky - 08-03-2016, 09:11 AM
RE: So you missed the windows 10 upgrade - by Ninurta - 08-15-2016, 02:10 PM