Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Stephen Hawking has warned that AI
(09-12-2020, 02:11 PM)hounddoghowlie Wrote:
(09-12-2020, 05:53 AM)guohua Wrote: But a Robot has wrote an article telling the Humans Not To Worry, They would never do anything to Harm Us and we are suppose to take this Machines Word or Typed words as the Truth.

Do YOU believe this THING is telling you the truth or what YOU or WE want to hear? You be the judge.

to the best of my knowledge AI is not completely Autonomous yet. it can still be turned off, controlled  and programed by humans.
so my question is, is it AI telling us this, or some lie a human put into it's  programing, and AI is just parroting it's human programmer?

Even if the AI is making selective choices of words from a storage base in response to conversation, it would still be mimicking the ideas and responses that would be expected, as it was programmed to do. 

The conversation would seem random and it may appear spontaneous, but that would be controlled completely by our interpretation of the words and the conversation.

We see evidence of this every time we communicate on the internet. We make a decision about what an unseen, often unknown person's words mean when they are posted. Even when they tell us our perception was wrong and what they really meant when they posted, what we perceived will always carry the most weight, it will effect our understanding and will effect how we view the poster.

Most conversation is constructed in our own minds, and if we are resolute in our thinking, learning becomes impossible.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
"Stephen Hawking has warned that AI - by guohua - 09-12-2020, 05:53 AM
RE: "Stephen Hawking has warned that AI - by drussell41 - 09-12-2020, 06:35 AM
RE: "Stephen Hawking has warned that AI - by Sol - 09-12-2020, 01:02 PM
RE: "Stephen Hawking has warned that AI - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 09-12-2020, 04:19 PM
RE: "Stephen Hawking has warned that AI - by Sol - 09-12-2020, 07:37 PM