Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Portland Mayor Gets Tear Gassed
(07-24-2020, 04:29 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(07-24-2020, 03:29 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Your TDS is too strong @"DuckforcoveR".   I can sit here and talk all day, but as long as you refuse to see anything good about Trump, I'm just wasting my time.

I hope in the future you will look back and see all the good this man has done for our country. I know you are a lot younger than me, so you don't have a memory of how good things used to be like it was when I was growing up.

People could sleep at night with their door open and never fear a burglar coming in. Children could play on the sidewalk without their parents, or ride their bike around the block without fear of being stolen by a child trafficker.
People got along, and neighbor helped neighbor in hard times. You NEVER ever heard of some thug breaking in on an elderly person and beating the crap out of them for a few dollars they might have on hand.  Life was good in America. Of course we had wars, but I'm talking about life in the U.S.  

It seems so long ago.  But, this is what Trump is working to get us back to, whether you can see it now, or not.

I don't think we'll ever get back to how it used to be fully, but even halfway would be better than it is now. I'm good with that.

Things weren't even "fully the way they used to be" when they used to be that way.

I really don't know how old you are, but you must be a LOT older than my old ass, because kids were getting stole even when my granny was a child.

I've never even slept with my doors unlocked, much less wide open. Not since before the time when my great great great great grandfather waked the Earth has that been a safe thing. Even way back when my 7th great grandfather built a log cabin in this wilderness, he had presence of mind enough to put a bar on the inside of that cabin door, 'cause folks would shove it open and kill ya if you weren't careful enough.

Old folks getting killed? You live in TN - do you not recall the murder of String Bean and his missus over 5G's he had at his house, that he would have likely GIVEN to someone in need, without the need to kill him for it?

Nope, the "good ol' days" were never as good as the "good ol' days". Never. Yup, we DID ride our bikes wherever we wanted to, but we did that in spite of the danger, not because it wasn't there.

We just weren't wussies like they have way too many of now.

Quote:Better get used to another four years of Trump; he's going to win.

That right there is just fact. They (the Marxists) didn't learn from the mistakes they made in 2016, and so they are repeating the very same mistakes now, 4 years later, virtually guaranteeing a Trump win...

... but it's OK - their polls are telling them a different story, lulling them into a false sense of security.

Just like last time around.

Just get braced for all the melting Snowflakes. You KNOW it's coming!

I guess I missed this post @"Ninurta".  Well, I'm not THAT much older than you, but we do live a few miles apart, so there's that.
No, I don't remember anything about someone being killed over string beans.   tinybighuh 

Life was as I just said where I grew up. My granny never locked her door, my parents never locked theirs, not even at night. It just wasn't something we even considered needing to do.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Portland Mayor Gets Tear Gassed - by xuenchen - 07-23-2020, 10:18 PM
RE: Portland Mayor Gets Tear Gassed - by guohua - 07-23-2020, 10:19 PM
RE: Portland Mayor Gets Tear Gassed - by Ninurta - 07-24-2020, 03:48 AM
RE: Portland Mayor Gets Tear Gassed - by Ninurta - 07-23-2020, 11:18 PM
RE: Portland Mayor Gets Tear Gassed - by Ninurta - 07-24-2020, 04:00 AM
RE: Portland Mayor Gets Tear Gassed - by guohua - 07-24-2020, 03:18 AM
RE: Portland Mayor Gets Tear Gassed - by guohua - 07-24-2020, 03:03 AM
RE: Portland Mayor Gets Tear Gassed - by Ninurta - 07-24-2020, 04:16 AM
RE: Portland Mayor Gets Tear Gassed - by Ninurta - 07-24-2020, 04:43 AM
RE: Portland Mayor Gets Tear Gassed - by Ninurta - 07-24-2020, 04:51 AM
RE: Portland Mayor Gets Tear Gassed - by Ninurta - 07-24-2020, 04:29 AM