Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rogue Cup Challenge Vol 8. DuckforcoveR vs IAMTAT
(07-18-2020, 10:48 PM)FauxMulder Wrote: Let's start with claim#1 

ABSOLUTELY TRUE! One of the coolest things we did on that deployment. We met up with the sub in the middle of a storm which I ASSUMED was to keep satellites or planes from spotting it as their locations are super secret.

The sub surfaced and we sent our RHIB over to get the Chief and bring him aboard. From there we flew him to Panama where he got a civilian flight home. I dont know what the red cross message was about. I never asked as it was none of my business. 

Getting to fly was a real treat. The pilots did trust me big time. When going home from deployment the helicopter always gets to leave a few days before the boat pulls in and I got to go on those flights as well. 

That deployment we were also the first people to CAPTURE one of the drug running subs called SPSS (self propelled semi submersible) We got over 7 tons of cocaine from that bust. I thought about using that as one of the claims but it's to easily googleable. 

Usually if they are about to be captured they will scuttle it and jump out. The evidence sinks. No bust. Our boarding party was able to get aboard before they could jump out. Dude put his foot on the hatch so they couldn't get out and had to close the scuttles. 

FFG8 towing that spss. 

[Image: 4cacf10338b12-preview-300.jpg]

https://www.navy.mil/submit/display.asp?story_id=39839

That's awesome! But DAMN! so much for DFC's theory of everything...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rogue Cup Challenge Vol 8. DuckforcoveR vs IAMTAT - by DuckforcoveR - 07-18-2020, 10:58 PM