Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
The difference between a book and a statue
My own personal feelings of "statues" are mixed. I don't see them the same as "book burnings". The bible mentions statues as "graven images", and I just don't care much about them. Many times throughout history, men worshipped statues. Whether it be men of renown or cows, whatever.

If certain communities want to remove them for whatever reason, I don't care. If a state wants to remove a statue of some guy, I don't care either. 

So I get the point of "museums", because cultural history shouldn't be destroyed, but if a piece of concrete, in the form of a man is destroyed, good man or not, who really should care? I you visit parts of the old USSR, you may find some places where Stalin stands tall, while in other parts you will find his statue ripped down on every past street corner it once stood.

But if anyone wants to start burning books, or literally changing historic data to fit one narrative over another, then that IS a commie move in my book
 You can't attempt to erase history just because you disagree with it.

Just my thoughts.
- I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The difference between a book and a statue - by Wookiep - 06-23-2020, 03:41 AM
RE: The difference between a book and a statue - by Wallfire - 06-23-2020, 10:25 AM