Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
To all the xATS’ers - I feel you
I'll tell a story that may fill in some of my history with ATS, since we are all going down memory lane.

I first caught wind of ATS when I was about ten years old. I can't recall what it was exactly that lead me to ATS, but at the time I was searching for information about cryptids, aliens, and secret government bases. The information I found myself perusing was scary, eye opening, and enlightening. I felt like I was learning things that was supposed to be shrouded in secrecy. Every passing day as a child I felt that it was only a matter of time before some government official came knocking to scare me from ever wanting to dig into conspiracies.

As I got older I continued to visit ATS on a regular basis.

I watched members come and go. Saw the various changes the site went through. Saw alliances forged and foes made. I saw members leave due to various reasons. There was no lack of accusations to be had. I saw that many people left because they were tired of arguing what they believed in all the time, and I saw people banned for whatever reason. I saw people who once identified as liberal begin to claim to be conservative or at least refuse to vote for Democrat.

Politics became a more prominent issue on the site, especially with how it seemed how everything eventually went back to which politician was doing what and why.

In recent years it seems practically every conspiracy theory had a political slant to it.

Medical conspiracies, corporate conspiracies, red flags, military conspiracies, religious conspiracies, all have political connections.

Hell, the only things that really don't have any political connection are cryptids.

Well, about a couple of years ago I decided to make an account and it went well for a while, but there was a specific member who was getting on my nerves. Spouting a lot of ridiculous opinions about the economy, and one thing lead to another and I'm pretty sure I got banned, because I found myself logged out and unable to log back in.

I took a break, because I was really irritated that someone who predicted stock values using astrology was being taken seriously.

My break lasted about a year I think, and I came back as AutomateThis.

I love ATS, but I honestly think it's time has come. From the time I was ten until now when I'm thirty ATS was the one site that I visited on a daily basis. I learned a lot from the information and the members. But, the current iteration of ATS isn't all that. I don't mean that in anyway that's disrespectful to anyone. It's just that the daily arguments, the ego stroking, the opinions stated as irrefutable fact, and that people would rather read a OP Title, not read the actual post, and proceed to instigate arguments is ridiculous.

I like to think that ATS was my home for the longest, and that over the past twenty years it was instrumental in allowing me to grow and see a different side to things. Now, it's time to venture out, and interact with others, and go about pursuing the things that interest me.

That's the reason that I am taking my cameras and going to go to spots that are purported to have mysterious phenomenon involved.

I will create a YouTube channel, and share what I find.

Messages In This Thread
To all the xATS’ers - I feel you - by Freija - 06-22-2020, 07:06 AM
RE: To all the xATS’ers - I feel you - by beez - 06-22-2020, 06:24 PM
RE: To all the xATS’ers - I feel you - by beez - 06-22-2020, 07:03 PM
RE: To all the xATS’ers - I feel you - by gordi - 06-22-2020, 09:25 AM
RE: To all the xATS’ers - I feel you - by gordi - 06-22-2020, 10:14 AM
RE: To all the xATS’ers - I feel you - by gordi - 06-22-2020, 10:06 AM
RE: To all the xATS’ers - I feel you - by gordi - 06-22-2020, 10:16 AM
RE: To all the xATS’ers - I feel you - by Wallfire - 06-22-2020, 10:14 AM
RE: To all the xATS’ers - I feel you - by Snarl - 06-22-2020, 02:57 PM
RE: To all the xATS’ers - I feel you - by Wallfire - 06-22-2020, 05:55 PM
RE: To all the xATS’ers - I feel you - by Wallfire - 06-22-2020, 07:18 PM