Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Strangely-Worded News Articles.
Maybe Rogue Nation should start a betting-station in our 'Britain Today' thread and ask readers for their wager
on any of the stories of violence and thievery in the UK will have the expression "no arrests have been made"!

But what I find suspicious is -not only the manner the incident below is reported, but the real-life logistics that had
to be in place for the incident to occur. It's difficult to appreciate such happenings when one is unfamiliar with the
full facts, but in this instance, there's an alarming number of things that aren't approached in the article.

If we look at the basic premise of this event, there are many actions that had to align to make sure the reader
receives the shocking impact of what occurred, but not the rational steps that lead up to what is said to happen.
If I may, I'll explore them with you and we'll see how narratives are controlled for the sake of gaining ratings.

Quote:'PLEASE, NO!' Shocking moment young mum is dragged from her car by knife thugs as she begs to let her
save her toddler in the back

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9508]

The horrifying moments of an almost accidental kidnapping.

'This is the harrowing moment a mum was dragged out of her car by knife thugs as she desperately begged to get
her toddler out the back. Shocking footage shows one of the yobs pulling the mum from her Alfa Romeo before two
accomplices rush over...'

So without any backstory, we have a young mother parking her £37,000 ($52,000) Alfa Romeo in a quiet middle-class
neighbourhood on a leafy side-street where other vehicles are parked.

I can understand that such areas of assumed wealth can be ideal hunting grounds for stealing and intimidation by
someone of the lower classes, but such opportunities -if regular occurrences, would breed vigilance in the community
and would obviously attract the attention of the Police. In regards of the thieves, regular 'on-the-ground' surveillance of
their 'stealing territory' would also have to be conducted and this could lead to identification and arrests just from this
routine alone.

Quote:'She can be heard screaming "let me get my kid, let me get my kid" as one of the thugs grabs her arm.
The mum then makes her way to the side of the car to grab her two-year-old son as the thieves clamber into the motor.
She barely has time to get the toddler out of the car before the heartless louts drive off with the door still open.
The mum can be seen stood looking shaken on the side of the road in Manchester with her baby...'

What we don't see is the lead-up to the assault and theft. We're left to assume that this is merely a random set of bad
coincidences and met at the point where three confident thieves saw a young woman sitting in her car and in unison,
this trio decided to steal her expensive possession.

We don't know why she is in that particular street, maybe she lives there or maybe she's visiting a friend or relative.
Since (below) the mother of the victim is the one who posted the footage on social media, we can guess the young driver
was visiting her mother.

Now was it the mother who filmed the stealing of the car...? This would seem odd considering her daughter and grandchild
are in peril and instead of becoming aware of the commotion and reacting in the standard manner of protecting one's children,
she hurried upstairs with her cell phone to record the incident from the front-bedroom window.

Wouldn't the parental thing to do is to race to your child and grandchild's aid? Wouldn't you as a parent be governed by your
maternal or paternal instinct to react to stopping the possible injuring of your child and possibly steal a unaware toddler strapped
in the back of the car?

What other reason -besides the possibility that the footage was taken by another resident of the street and given to the mother
of the victim, could answer this question? If a resident of the street did take the video, did he/she regularly film the goings-on
on this middle-class avenue? If so, why...? what happens there on a regualr basis to warrant such hidden monitoring?

As a side-issue, does this assumed neighbour know the victim's mother or is the releasing of the film merely the outcome
of the Police interviewing those in the surrounding area of the event and acquiring the footage?
But why transmit the footage to the victim's mother ?!

Quote:'...Her mother posted the footage on social media in a bid to catch the three knifemen. She said her daughter and grandson
are both OK but "really shook up". The gran added: "Does anybody know who these 3 lads are please?

"Around 7 o'clock tonight they dragged my daughter out of her car with a knife to her throat and took the car barely giving
her chance to get her 2 year old out of the car, she's traumatised. "Pease if anybody has any information I can pass to the
police I would be really grateful".

Mum Mandy, 39, added: “I am so proud of her and of how she protected her baby. Fingers crossed we get the b******s.”
Courtney, 26, of Gorton, Manchester, wrote: “I really thought I was going to get stabbed as there was no way I was willingly
leaving the car with my baby in there.”...'

The mother -Mandy, is 39 years-old. The young woman in the vehicle is reported as 26 years of age... this means 'Grannie Mandy'
gave birth to Courtney when she was thirteen years-old!!
tinyhuh

Quote:'...Horrified viewers have slammed the thugs after the video was posted on social media.
One said: "Horrible nasty cowards targeting a young girl and her baby, thank god your daughter and grandchild were
not physically harmed hope they catch the b******s".

Another said: "Omg this is shocking . Really hope she is okay xx".
While one wrote: "WOW!! How on earth can 3 guys target a lone girl and her 2 year old son like that!!
"Absolutely disgusting the fact not one of them told the other to stop shows there all horrible cowards!!
"I hope this girl and her little one is ok!! I feel sick just watching it! Her screams say it all the poor thing!"
Greater Manchester Police confirmed they were called to the "armed theft" at around 7.10pm yesterday.

Police found the car abandoned a mile from the scene of Thursday’s 7pm robbery and are hunting the crooks.
They said the mum and child are "both safe and well" and confirmed there were no injuries.
Police also said there had been no arrests.

Detective Sergeant Helen Fletcher of GMP's Operation Valiant, said: "Understandably, this was a frightening and shocking
incident and officers from GMP's Operation Valiant team are working around the clock and following multiple positive lines
of enquiry in order to bring the offenders to justice."...'
Archived Sun Article:

So there you have it. A vaguely-explained set of circumstances that entertain in a worrying fashion of an innocent female
victim and the frightening possibility of an innocent infant being taken from its mother.

Except... you don't have it. The actual incident is entirely different from the rational assumptions one would perceive regarding
the above article.
tinyhuh

Quote:Terrifying moment young mum scrambles to save toddler as thugs steal her car in Snapchat set-up

'A young mum scrambled to save her toddler while having her car stolen at knifepoint in a terrifying Snapchat set-up in Gorton.
The horrifying ordeal was caught on camera on Clumber Road at around 7pm on Thursday (June 17).
Courtney Slater and her boyfriend travelled to the area after arranging to sell some sunglasses on Snapchat.

Courtney’s boyfriend – who does not wish to be named – agreed to meet with a man after he said he would buy them.
After arriving at the location, Courtney waited in the car with her two-year-old son Lekai. At the side of the vehicle, the buyer was
shown the sunglasses and the pair exchanged conversation for a while.
But suddenly, a group of hooded men "appeared from nowhere" and began chasing him with knives.

Courtney, 21, attempted to flee the scene but was approached by a member of the group. He put a knife to her throat and ordered
her to get out of her car. She believed the attackers were going to kill her and take her son.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9509]
Courtney Slater, age-changer and mother.

Speaking to the Manchester Evening News , she said: “He thought they were going to buy the glasses. He was showing him the
glasses and the man said he didn’t know if he wanted them. “Then people came by the side of the car out of nowhere and tried to
stab my boyfriend. They started chasing him with the knife and we didn’t realise one had stayed behind.

“He had the knife to my throat in front of my two-year-old in the back of my car. “I started screaming and crying. As long as my kid was
safe, that’s all I was bothered about.

“I thought, ‘Oh my God, Lekai is in the back. What if he gets in the car and take Lekai? I’m going to have to get stabbed’.
“I went to put the car into first gear and he opened the door and said get out the car. “I grabbed onto my steering wheel to try and stay
in the car. He pulled me that hard, my top ripped. “He said, ‘Get the kid from the back,’ and pushed me. I tried to run but my legs were jelly.
“I tried to get my two-year-old out of the seat and he was caught in the seatbelt. They didn’t care; they just started driving.”

Courtney’s vehicle was recovered in a nearby side street shortly after the incident. Her phone, house keys and car keys were all missing.
She says the attack has also had an impact on her young son, who today told her: “The man pulled mummy out of the car”.
She continued: “I just sat there wailing. “I feel horrible. I can’t drive; I got in my car after I got it back and I felt sick. I don’t want to be in the car.
“Every time a car drives past my house I’m worried it’s them. I had letters in my car and I’m worried they have my address.”

One of the attackers has been described as around 19-years-old, black, heavily built and wore a blue coat and black balaclava.
Another attacker has been described as being around 19-years-old, white and wore grey shorts and a Gucci bag...'
Archived Manchester Evening News Article:

An item for sale, a boyfriend who wishes to not be named, a neutral meeting place and a robbery and possible attempted
kidnapping. Yet there are factors even in this article that seem strange.

To begin with Courtney -the driver, has lost five years in age...! In the Manchester Evening News article she's reported to
be 21, The Sun piece has her at 26!

The would-be buyer approached the driver's side where the female was and yet, there's nothing to indicate the boyfriend
was actually in the vehicle at that moment. In the footage shown in The Sun article, it shows that no male was expelled
from the car and yet there's no mention of the boyfriend being taken with the thieves.
(In the UK, the driver's-side is the right-hand-side!)

There's no evidence that this boyfriend is the father of the child due to the article's pushing that it's the female that shows
concern for the child in the back of the car and no mention of him possibly giving away his son to unknown criminals.

However, the quote: "a group of hooded men "appeared from nowhere" and began chasing him with knives" does indicate
he was involved and yet this attack occurred before the filming. It's strange that the boyfriend never reappeared on the film
after the incident.

I'm an old fuddie-duddie and cannot suggest what sunglasses are expensive enough for two young people to drive their
Alfa Romeo from an unknown point in Gorton to a quiet tree-lined street in the same district in the attempt to sell the item
to an unknown customer. Whatever the price, it must outweigh the cost of running the vehicle and the need to have all of the
'makeshift' family in the car during the transaction.
tinywondering

The only commodity I know that would require this sort of secluded rendezvous and security -via having a female and child
being there, is a quantity of..... (keyboard interference!)
tinylaughing

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
Strangely-Worded News Articles. - by BIAD - 08-24-2019, 10:26 AM
RE: Strangely-Worded News Articles. - by guohua - 08-24-2019, 07:47 PM
RE: Strangely-Worded News Articles. - by BIAD - 08-24-2019, 08:36 PM
RE: Strangely-Worded News Articles. - by gordi - 08-24-2019, 09:14 PM
RE: Strangely-Worded News Articles. - by BIAD - 08-24-2019, 09:21 PM
RE: Strangely-Worded News Articles. - by BIAD - 09-12-2019, 09:46 AM
RE: Strangely-Worded News Articles. - by BIAD - 09-29-2019, 09:28 AM
RE: Strangely-Worded News Articles. - by BIAD - 12-14-2020, 11:00 AM