Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Not The Usual UFO Case And From The Eighties Too!
(07-17-2019, 11:18 PM)Ninurta Wrote: A fascinating tale, Captain. (Imagine my right eyebrow cocked upward, and me with a funny haircut and pointy ears)

I began to suspect the culprit was one of the group when the "mysterious communicator" referred to their visit to the
constabulary. My suspicion only got stronger with every "inside" reference.

That font, in the letters, is (I believe) very similar to a font used as a "Federation font" in "The Star Fleet Technical Manual"
by Franz Josef, published in 1975.

With your revelation of the font design, I was about to put my head in my hands due to the mysterious communicator's lack
of imagination, when I remembered that in 1980 the public in the UK (and probably everywhere) were mainly unaware of the
internet.

I'm no expert in the history of the internet, but I would think it would be too expensive -back then, for the average person
to have internet access. That strange burbling sound, a cradle to put your landline telephone in and certainly no images.
(Edit: I took a quick look and it seems the internet -or at least the thing that was it at the time, wasn't even available to the
public.)

It just seems a damned shame that Swindon aliens hadn't told these intrepid researchers about wifi (the sister-in-law from
France pronounces it 'wiffy', by the way) and the idea that truth will be 'fluid' in the future.

I -like you, are shocked that there were such charlatans back then who ridiculed the Ufo phenomena... we're lucky that
this sort of chicanery doesn't happen today.
smallcrackingup
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Not The Usual UFO Case And From The Eighties Too! - by BIAD - 07-18-2019, 08:48 AM