Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Another Branch Of Humans Discovered.
(02-17-2020, 11:59 AM)gordi Wrote: I'm a bit confused....

If a "Ghost Population" mated with "the ancestors of modern humans" and their DNA is still present in modern humans.... then aren't THEY TOO "the ancestors of modern humans"??

I mean, your great great great great grannie is still your great great great great grannie whether she's from a different race or not, isn't she??

We are a "melting pot" of ALL of our ancestors, no? (Even the lizard ones...!)

G

Technically speaking, according to modern archaeology everything going back to Dryopithecus (and beyond, I suppose, to a single celled organism in the oceans of 3.8 Billion years ago) are "ancestors of modern humans". I believe they worded it that way to differentiate between "modern humans", which no modern humans apparently are a pure version of - so tecnically "modern humans" are an extinct species - and these other hominid species.

Think about that a moment. According to current science, no modern humans still survive to the present, MODERN, day... or else, if they do, then so do Neanderthals, Denisovans, and these unidentified "ghost species". 

Modern humans exist only as ancestral to... modern humans, but do not themselves still survive! And with are Neanderthals, Denisovans, and "ghost species" of humans.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
Another Branch Of Humans Discovered. - by BIAD - 04-11-2019, 09:25 PM
RE: Another Branch Of Humans Discovered. - by Wallfire - 02-17-2020, 10:20 AM
RE: Another Branch Of Humans Discovered. - by Ninurta - 02-18-2020, 05:29 AM