Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Continuing Adventures of Rack and Ruin - Story Thread
The man with the gun on his hip waited for Tibbs to drum-up a fake reply to his question and then when he felt
there was no more benefit to his cigarette, crush it out under his boot and with relish, use violence to draw the
real answer from the little lying Vithian in front of him.
And Tibbs knew it.

"It's complex and involves Earth" he said and offered his best-winning smile to his taller compatriot. Ninurta
dropped the smouldering stub onto the tarmac of the desolate runway and with wide-eyes, Tibbs quickly added
"It's where Ba'al comes through next"

Mucklebones was staring out towards the faint shape of a Control Tower and seemingly humming to herself,
whilst Boy In A Dress idly wandered amongst the calf-length grass that bordered the cracked asphalt with -what
we can only guess at, were his own thoughts.

Tibbs tinkered with his handset and then placed it back in the pocket of his robes, his own gaze was at some dark
approaching dots that were forming in the haze of the overcast morning. "If you'll be so kind, I'll do the talking" Tibbs
said earnestly without looking at Ninurta and carefully checking his beard for crumbs, he prepared himself for meeting
the thirty-third President of the United States of America.

If Boy In A Dress and Mucklebones had involved themselves in the discussion on the tarmac, vital information may
have been missed due their appearance. Hence, they sat in the grass near the time-machine and let their companions
acquire what they could.

"I was found not too-far from here..." BIAD said to the Alien-Witch busying herself with a handful of rune stones and a
withered feather. "...And around this time-zone too" the Man-Girl continued and glanced over at the group of men
in deep consultation. A light breeze ruffled the remains of Muckles' quill and BAID's hair.

Breathing in deeply, Mucklebones ended her own deliberation with her hocus-pocus and dragged her attention to what
the creature she believed was a demon -was saying. "Yon fellas think they've got a handle on the job, but there's..."
Muckles began and then looked towards where the human called Truman was speaking with intensity. Boy In A Dress
followed his friend's wide-eyed gaze.

On the left of where Ninurta stood, a braided-uniformed man looked uncomfortable, but kept his attention on what
President Truman was saying. Beside him, a flamboyant gent with a shock of white hair and a dress-sense that
smacked of the faux-mysticism that many humans used for fame, was attempting to see who was sitting next to the
spine-covered machine.

There was another man in a light-grey suit standing behind the President and skimming a bored foot through the gravel
of the Holloman base's runway. The discussion was heated and BIAD wondered if the seriousness of the situation was
truly understood. Not that he fully grasped it.

The poncho-wearing sorceress whispered something that BIAD missed and she seemed to be in a world of her own.
"What is it?" asked the bare-thighed anomaly.
"That one there... he's... he's not the same as the others" Mucklebones muttered and closing her eyes, she looked either
as if he was concentrating or she needed to use the lavatory. The confused BIAD tilted his head and waited for a possible
explanation.

"All I need is your people to..." Tibbs began in his mitigation to the powerful leader and then faltered. The eyes behind the
little-round spectacles looked distant and Tibbs' fingers fumbled with the tip of his beard. Ninurta watched the scene and
pondered the idea that a sniper was at work somewhere. "You okay?" he drawled and scanned the surroundings, he'd
earlier cautioned Tibbs about being out in the open like this.

Then as the Time-Manager's features broke into a smile, it seemed the atmosphere eased to such a point that even the
Gunman felt the change. "I think we can find an accord Mr. President, there's a way of finding our answer and it's with us
right now"

The man with the hair that was whiter than Tibbs' beard stepped forward and with a smile that also rivalled the smaller
person, introduced himself. "My name is Gerald Light and I have interacted with the ethereal before" he said with pride
and bent down to shake the Vithian's hand.

As Mucklebones opened her eyes and gazed towards where the hopes of the planet called Earth were being sorted,
she offered Boy In A Dress a rare smile of her own. "Watch this" she whispered and patted the red-nailed hand of the
oddity beside her.

"Not you..." Tibbs sneered and walking past the frilled-cuffed fop who thought he was a clairvoyant and ignoring the
gawking Navy Commander, the shuffling dwarf aimed his stare towards the quiet man who looked out of his depth.
"You... who are you?" Tibbs asked.

The guy who looked like he may have been a boxer in his past stared warily at the creature in the brown robes and
then sought assistance from his confused President watching the scene. "He's my Secretary of Defence..." Truman
announced "...what do you want with him?"

Tibbs soaked in the features of the startled official and waited for him to identify himself, here was the key to the whole
damned mission. " Er... my name is James Forrestal and I'm sure you've got the wrong person" he answered and a grinning
Tibbs reached to shake his hand.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Continuing Adventures of Rack and Ruin - Story Thread - by BIAD - 09-25-2018, 10:05 PM