Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
First Shots Fired In The Second US Civil War!
(11-02-2022, 03:37 AM)DuckforcoveR Wrote: It's funny how the "silent majority" switched parties over the last decade. The people no, but the concept yes. 

This fantasy hellscape of civil war came crashing down watching the 1/6 defendants turn on each other, snitch, and cry in courtrooms.

Is that what happened? I dunno, because I don't know anyone who watched that over-hyped clown-world dog and pony show that they named "January 6th trials". I know I didn't - when they started screaming "insurrection", they lost me because that made it clear they had lost the plot... or else had no clue what an actual "insurrection" looks like.

Quote:Will there be people upset after 11/8? Of course. Me in Wisconsin may be upset if certain folks don't win, but we (sane folks) also understand that in a democracy we need to water the flower. It needs work, sun, encouraging, etc. And if "we" don't win, all that means is we need to hold those that did accountable.

Curious thing about that. I no longer even care who wins. NONE of them are actually looking out for the citizens, so they can do as they wish in their little bubble world, insulated from us Great Unwashed Masses. I will note, however, that since I've been voting - and that goes back to the 1970's - I've never known it to take as long for them to pick a winner as it has in these last two elections. Maybe the 2000 election, when Florida had that hanging chad problem, comes close, but that was ONE time with a legitimate excuse. That leads me to wonder about the WHY of the recent delays, and that never leads to a satisfactory conclusion. Usually, in the real world, when someone is delaying and buying time, they are buying time to get things in place that no one wanted, and they have to cover the fact that no one wanted it to install it. When a turd-world shithole like Venezuela can have results in 12 hours, but a techno-giant like the US takes weeks to months to get results, I sense a disturbance in the Force. Either way, I'll probably check out of this existence before they get everything in place, and it will be my kids and grand-kids headaches to rebel against.

Quote:I've been very open about my ballot choices in the past, and how I've voted for both parties in major elections because I'm not braindead listening to these bullshit ads. But just remember that the last 2 times a civil war was fought (revolutionary war counts) we all had the same muskets and cannons. Stockpiling your ARs from Bass Pro shops isn't going to help the next time around. How about just voting and accepting that this country is split and needs to compromise?

Curious thing about that, too. I knew 3 local guys in Bosnia who armed themselves with the latest and greatest the "enemy" had using only a make-shift club. Then after they armed themselves, they used that to get more... and more... and more... until they had armed an entire company's worth of folks. It went poorly for their opposition after that. Same for Afghanistan, during the Soviet War there - curious how many mujahideen were armed with Soviet weapons, including "Dashika" HMG's and AT, AP, and AA rockets and stuff stamped "Made in Russia". Most of them started out with 150 year old single-shot, muzzle-loading jezails or 100 year old British Enfield bolt action rifles left over from the British War in Afghanistan... but they were quick studies. Now, in the aftermath of the US Afghan War, it is surprising how many are throwing away the Russian guns to claim their shiny new Bass Pro Shop AR's that BidenHarris so thoughtfully donated to them.

It doesn't matter what they leave "us" with, in the end we will have what they used to have, but won't be needing any more. That's just the facts of the matter, and only requires a wee bit of ingenuity. My AR didn't come from Bass Pro shops, BTW, because I don't do business with anti-2A commies like them... and some would be nothing less than awe-struck as what I could do and acquire using that dinky little mouse gun. There is a reason that "asymmetrical warfare" works, and has been used for ages - doesn't matter what they have to fire, or how much of it, if they can't find a target to aim at. Folks can belittle, denigrate, and make fun of stuff all they like. It's when the rubber meets the road and the talking is done that counts. THAT is when folks get surprised.

I'm no longer willing to compromise, until that compromise goes both ways. A one-way "compromise" as we have observed over the last 20 to 30 years is not a "compromise" at all, it is an edict from the Masters, and I've already had quite enough of those sorts of "compromises".

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: First Shots Fired In The Second US Civil War! - by Wallfire - 06-27-2018, 06:22 AM
RE: First Shots Fired In The Second US Civil War! - by Ninurta - 11-14-2022, 11:47 PM