Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Church of Scotland creates pamphlet
I've always seen God as "genderless", an "It" rather than a "He". It's only logical to me - a god is spirit rather than flesh. Spirits do not reproduce the same way that organisms do, and therefore stand in no need of the various physical bits and pieces required for physical procreation... hence, they are "genderless".

That said, normal communication convention has settled upon reference to the deity (for the sake of communication amongst ourselves) as "He", assigning a gender that really isn't there. It's kinda like Spanish, where everything is assigned a gender despite the absence of an identifying genitalia. "Cerveza" (beer), for example, isn't really female, although it CAN make you crazy as females are wont to do.

Personally, I think there are just folks in this world with too much time on their hands, and they tend to over-analyze stuff in hopes of finding something that they can leverage to make victims of themselves. Why they WANT to be victims I have no Earthly idea... and no heavenly idea, either, for that matter. Their manufactured victimhood garners them no brownie points at all with me - I'd just as soon steamroll them to get past them and on to any actual victims that are in need of actual help.
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
Church of Scotland creates pamphlet - by guohua - 03-09-2018, 11:02 PM
RE: Church of Scotland creates pamphlet - by BIAD - 03-10-2018, 10:46 AM
RE: Church of Scotland creates pamphlet - by Wallfire - 03-10-2018, 01:53 PM
RE: Church of Scotland creates pamphlet - by BIAD - 03-10-2018, 01:57 PM
RE: Church of Scotland creates pamphlet - by Wallfire - 03-10-2018, 02:09 PM
RE: Church of Scotland creates pamphlet - by BIAD - 03-10-2018, 05:16 PM
RE: Church of Scotland creates pamphlet - by Ninurta - 03-11-2018, 07:21 PM
RE: Church of Scotland creates pamphlet - by BIAD - 03-13-2018, 10:29 PM
RE: Church of Scotland creates pamphlet - by Wallfire - 03-14-2018, 04:11 PM
RE: Church of Scotland creates pamphlet - by BIAD - 03-14-2018, 07:35 PM
RE: Church of Scotland creates pamphlet - by Wallfire - 03-14-2018, 07:51 PM