Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Media platforms: Rogue Nation continued growth
(01-21-2018, 07:40 AM)guohua Wrote: ...We've tried to engage members that Hates President Trump, but the member had nothing
to debate with that was factual with his support of Bernie and Hillary, so he bowed out and
left hating me and others for supporting Trump.

We do have so many other subjects here, every thing,,, UFO's, USO's to Fairies and Bigfoot
and the Bible to include, Giants.
People need to come by.
I wish I knew a subject that would attract members.

I do agree that Word Of mouth to others is a Great Way To Get members.

I also think a Youtube video of Armonica_Templar reading one of his Syfy stories, Great Stuff,,,,

I think one of the main problems of not having regular engaging members is the current trend of 'Ring-And-Run'
on the internet. The idea of saying I don't enough -but I'm interested in the subject, shouldn't be an acceptance
that the person who suggests an idea is necessarily correct in their opinion.

In my humble opinion, both parties should aspire to find a true answer, but that may seem as boring and the
quick 'kick' of self-ego-preening doesn't work in such an environment.

Of course, the need for being correct with one's view will not be going away in a hurry and that action and counter
-action can sometimes take a subject into the mire, but there's also the worrying tenor of very little investigating into
a topic.

Comments are often based on personal outlooks and favouritism regarding personalities in the news, just look at
the 2016 US election...! but, it seems that very little investment in a view is offered and the discussion becomes
nothing more than sarcastic mud-slinging.

As Guohua suggests, Twitter is an ideal vehicle for this type of discourse and any evidence to support an non-biased
opinion falls away in preference of identity-politics that reminds me of a juvenile chat about favourite pop-stars!

Websites that offer a place where points of views and be evaluated and subjects can be deeply mined will always
struggle as long as the one-sentence-response tendency is favoured.
It's a conundrum!
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Media platforms: Rogue Nation continued growth - by Wallfire - 01-21-2018, 01:21 AM
RE: Media platforms: Rogue Nation continued growth - by BIAD - 01-21-2018, 12:14 PM
RE: Media platforms: Rogue Nation continued growth - by Wallfire - 01-23-2018, 08:26 AM
RE: Media platforms: Rogue Nation continued growth - by Wallfire - 01-21-2018, 01:49 PM