Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The YouTube Bigfoot... What's It All Really About?
I believe Mr. Isdahl to be correct - it appears to me to be a ploy to grab True Believers by the ankles, upturn them, and shake them until money falls out of their pockets.

Mr Gimlin denies the allegations, and he was there.

The area of the video has been identified, to the square inch. The area of the alleged "mass grave" should also be identifiable, and if the tale were true, there would be battalions of Bigfoot Hunters on that site this instant, digging for the bones from the carcasses to obtain not only verifiable proof of the allegation, but in the bigger picture the long sought for verifiable proof of the existence of Bigfoot in the form of physical bones.

Don't get me wrong - I know Bigfoot to be a real creature, right down to my very core, so I'm not disputing that reality. It just irritates me that shills and charlatans (whom I am rapidly numbering Ms. Short, and potentially Mr Carpenter among - and it pains me that he is a Carpenter if I have to go there!) promote these sensationalist and poorly planned out stories, because they get in the way of actual researchers...

... and THAT may be the very reason they do it!

It may just be another poor attempt to paint the Bigfoot Research community with the lunatic fringe brush, and make a fast buck while they do it. There still exists the possibility that Ms. Short and subsequently Mr. Carpenter were taken in by some third party with the Grand Plan. I'm not saying that they invented the tale, but there is no doubt that they distributed it, and I don't believe they put enough analysis into the matter before doing so, despite dragging Bruce Maccabee into the fray. Bruce is a respected scientist who is qualified to speak to the optical portions of the matter, but he's not a tracker. It's unfortunate that Mr. Carpenter cites Bruce's optical analysis and then extends it beyond it's boundaries to attempt to turn it into a confirmation of a "bloody foot print" and a "bloody pit" and a "pool of blood".

That would be akin to me citing you as a long-time Photoshop expert whom I asked to analyse a UFO photo to say that it was "not tampered with" and that the object was "gray", and extrapolating that analysis into a confirmation that you said it was a real UFO, and that it was made of tungsten.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: The YouTube Bigfoot... What's It All Really About? - by Wallfire - 12-03-2017, 02:34 PM
RE: The YouTube Bigfoot... What's It All Really About? - by drussell41 - 11-09-2020, 12:01 PM
RE: The YouTube Bigfoot... What's It All Really About? - by drussell41 - 11-10-2020, 08:43 AM
RE: The YouTube Bigfoot... What's It All Really About? - by Wallfire - 04-22-2020, 07:38 AM
RE: The YouTube Bigfoot... What's It All Really About? - by Ninurta - 04-22-2020, 11:11 AM
RE: The YouTube Bigfoot... What's It All Really About? - by Wallfire - 05-05-2020, 09:17 AM
RE: The YouTube Bigfoot... What's It All Really About? - by drussell41 - 11-10-2020, 12:59 PM
RE: The YouTube Bigfoot... What's It All Really About? - by drussell41 - 11-10-2020, 01:24 PM