Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Peter Smith Dead After Trying to Recover Missing Clinton Emails
(07-04-2017, 06:40 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
Smith died just 10 days after he reported his story to the Wall Street Journal.  Yes, he was in his 80's, but appeared to be healthy.  We'll have to wait for the autopsy to find out the cause of death, which will most likely be a heart attack.  Hey... they can cause heart attacks, you know?!

Several years ago, I turned over a prisoner to a fine young man with shifty eyes. He was one of those fellas in the Gray Flannel Cammies. The prisoner apparently died in his custody, and I asked him about that some time later, and he said dude "died of a heart attack. Very unfortunate". So I says. "Yeah, it was, wasn't it? Whaddaya supposed caused that heart attack?" and he shrugs and says "All deaths are from heart attack. You're not dead until your heart stops beating. heart attack, case closed".

I've never forgotten that conversation, and it still crosses my mind just about every time I hear of a conveniently timed heart attack.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Peter Smith Dead After Trying to Recover Missing Clinton Emails - by Ninurta - 07-05-2017, 09:19 AM