Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
25 years with the CIA...What a story to tell
(02-24-2017, 11:20 AM)BIAD Wrote: Wow! I'd like to see images of 'em, if possible.

It probably is possible, but I won't be posting any, in keeping my word to Big Brother not to reveal locations. Nothing much to see anyhow, really. Just what appears to be an abandoned brick or steel building behind a hurricane fence with long grass, and maybe a guy in a uniform in that copse of trees on the compound just over there, looking at you with binoculars.

Quote:I didn't doubt they existed, but what are they for? I thought the CIA couldn't conduct business
inside the United States -although I'm naive to think they didn't!

They're not all CIA facilities. I couldn't really say if ANY of them are, but some could be I suppose. Some are COG facilities maintained here and there in case any of the Congress Critters and such are out and about glad-handing their constituency when the balloon goes up (Mount Weather is a long, long way from Bakersfield, especially when mushroom clouds are lighting up the sky your plane has to fly through to get there in a hurry), some are possibly research facilities, and there may be other uses as well - maybe even something as mundane as records archiving and storage, in case DC goes up in flames or something. I mean, there are a LOT of them, so uses per facility probably vary. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that at this point DHS has taken some of them over.

I know of one that I was told was supposed to be a FEMA prison camp in waiting. I went and scoped that one out personally over the course of a couple of days, and am convinced that it WAS a government facility, but not any sort of prison camp-to-be. It would have been incredibly difficult to get IN to it, but getting OUT could have been accomplished by the average 5 year old... so I'm pretty sure that if it was any sort of detention facility, they are doing it all wrong, and any potential FEMA detainees will have nothing to fear at all.

At least some of them have pretty sophisticated perimeter security and intrusion detection measures, although I won't go into the specifics other than to say it's pretty top shelf for a mere abandoned factory building, garage, etc. Unless you know what you're looking for, you won't know what it is when it sees you, anyhow. Treading lightly would be a good idea, preferably so lightly that at no point does any part of you or anything connected with you come in contact with the ground upon your approach. If it accidentally does, act like a deer. Maybe they won't notice, eh?

Of course the CIA conducts business within the US. Their HQ is allegedly at Langley, VA - although that could just be a PR front for them while all the serious discussions take place elsewhere. Those wily Spooks - they're just so... wily! They also have various training facilities inside CONUS, which is a sort of business being conducted. They might have other "stuff" at other locations as well. I dunno. CIA types play their cards pretty close to the vest, y'know? On account of that, there's just no telling what goes on, or just exactly where.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: 25 years with the CIA...What a story to tell - by Ninurta - 02-25-2017, 08:25 AM