Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Facebook Censorship has hit home
(11-17-2016, 07:58 PM)BIAD Wrote: What always makes me shake my head is the knowledge that when this
seemingly Government-endorsed social experiment goes tits-up, it'll be
people like yourself that they will seek safety behind.

I hope not. Considering myself to have already done my part for King and Country, I might just go fishing if it all goes to hell in a hand basket, and leave them to their own devices to sort it out amongst themselves.

Quote:Calling people names with a smirk on your face doesn't really fare well
on the battlefield and announcing that you are titling someone with a
buzzword does not alter a falling scimitar or high-velocity bullet.

Aye. In the words of Gary Moore, "no flag or uniform ever stopped a bullet from a gun". It's not enough to just scream "REVOLUTION!" without preparation, although at times the peasants really CAN be pretty revolting - nonetheless, no battle plan ever survives first contact, and they'll have to find that out on their own.

Quote:I know it's ignorant of me and means nothing really, but you're best
out of it. Facebook will rue this when the experiment is over.

Eh, I've never been able to really keep myself out of anything - I'm sure you of all people recall that wild ride on Judy and Wayne's dime! It's a character flaw that rears it's ugly head when stupidity challenges me to a duel. Facebook may well rue the day, but I don't think they've gotten their stuff quite together enough to even have a real plan yet. Their stated plan is to censor "fake news outlet advertising", yet what they did in reality was to censor a private citizen's post, and brazenly allow advertising from a "news outlet" so fake that it tries to load a trojan on computers of the unsuspecting in order to phish for their passwords.

What passes for Capitalism in the modern age - ain't it great?

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
Facebook Censorship has hit home - by Ninurta - 11-17-2016, 07:08 PM
RE: Facebook Censorship has hit home - by Ninurta - 11-17-2016, 07:46 PM
RE: Facebook Censorship has hit home - by BIAD - 11-17-2016, 07:58 PM
RE: Facebook Censorship has hit home - by Ninurta - 11-18-2016, 07:16 AM
RE: Facebook Censorship has hit home - by BIAD - 11-18-2016, 11:11 AM
RE: Facebook Censorship has hit home - by senona - 11-18-2016, 09:08 AM
RE: Facebook Censorship has hit home - by Ninurta - 11-20-2016, 07:17 AM
RE: Facebook Censorship has hit home - by Ninurta - 11-20-2016, 08:32 AM
RE: Facebook Censorship has hit home - by BIAD - 11-20-2016, 12:23 PM