Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Isn't it time we all snapped out of it...
Nice Marc, very nice. 

As a self proclaimed left leaning independent, (or Libtard to many people I talk with from the other side of that non-existent "aisle") I can say that I am in no way "devastated". Every outcome possible for this election from day 1 until now has been gone through in my mind. The good, the bad, the ugly, and the Trump (lol). 

But no, we aren't all that the media claims. We aren't all what the majority of this board claims. We aren't all snowflakes who have hurt feelings and mis-guided morals or goals. We are people who don't believe in the same things other people believe in. Imagine that...we aren't North Koreans....  tinycool

Long story short, we (on the left) think the Don wasn't the best choice. But that "choice" doesn't only go back a few months where she was the only other "choice". We on the left just hold true ideas that we feel are worth fighting for. I'm a guy who voted for dems and repubs on the same ballot for the last 12 years so I think I'm able to truly say that WE THE PEOPLE are disgusted with how this all played out. NOT because he won, but because the only choices were what we saw. Unless you are a Rocky De La Fuenta supporter (look him up, seriously. It was a good read), you didn't have a choice. The media gave us a choice and then tried to jam that choice down our throats as the "lesser of two evils". 

Bullshit. 

Liberals aren't to be feared. Conservatives aren't to be vilified. Americans, my friends, aren't as gullible and short-sighted as they seem sometimes. 

We have been fed a a bowl full of lies (as you said) and the establishment that is shaking in their boots are the same jag-off's that have been feeding us perfect porridge for decades. The good thing that can come out of The Don is a perpetual "shaking the baby" so to speak. No more taking us for granted. No more playing us for fools. We have a voice and we will all use it. 

So until my wife gets ripped from my arms by his deportation force, I for one support my president. Not because I like him (because I f'n don't), but because that office truly is bigger than a person. And now it's on him to prove what America is truly all about. I for one, wish him the best and hope he can show the world we aren't what the media said about him, we aren't what the media says about liberals, and we aren't what they want us to believe. We aren't as divided as they think. We are being divided, but we aren't divided...(if that makes any sense)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Isn't it time we all snapped out of it... - by DuckforcoveR - 11-13-2016, 03:38 AM