Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
*** WELCOME HOME - AN ALL MEMBERS READ ***
One week.

It's all I'm asking. One week.

If the site shows stability like it's doing now (I looked at the stats and numbers and we're doing fantastic), then next weekend, I'll start adding the plugins and do some alterations.

IF no one likes it, as in NO ONE, not just two or three, then I will start looking for a new theme that hopefully will satisfy most.

Personally, I love this theme, it's easy and fast. But hey, I DID take the time to try and find things.

My gotos are from Posts up there. New threads and today's threads. Clicking on (new) brings you to the last reply I've seen. When the discussion bubble on the left of the thread is filled in blue, it means there's new posts in there. The description of who started the thread, when, and who responded last is written right under the thread title. Simple. But if I just sat there, looked at it and bitched about it, I never would have figured it out. It's EASY once you know.

Tutorials are needed, that's a given. Essential. But at least, give it a try.

That's the problem here, right now. A forum like this isn't just for one or two individuals that want this or want that. It's for everyone.

Mobiles are what the younger generations are using, whether we like it or not. The mobile version of this theme is fantastic. It's good looking, easy to navigate and extremely fast in response time.

The best mobile app I've seen in a LONG time.

So, the desktop is different, yes it is. From what we had, it's night and day. But remember, NO plugins are on yet. Means NO Alerts, NO shoutbox, NO tagging, NO rating, NO starring, NO Avatar boxes as they should be, NO banners up there yet, NO recent threads upgrades, NO announcement bars and way more.

Those are all to come once we're 100% sure that the infrastructure is flawless. And so far, it is.

Imagine, we're having ONE glitch so far and it comes from Android phones, with a limited access with smilies. ONE glitch. With smilies.

Versus a site crashing down at every move we made.

We don't leave messages asking you to be patient for nothing or just to be polite. We KNOW from past experiences that this will get better. We've been there, done that. Ask Senona, she'll absolutely agree with this, because she KNOWS.

The version you LOVE so much, Dark 1.8, well, when we brought it out, for RN3, some members wanted to lynch us, right then and there. They didn't like this, they didn't like that, they wanted this, they wanted that, it was a shitshow, a disaster, and we were up to no good. Some members left and never came back. They hated it. The shit we got when we launched it, you wouldn't believe.

But isn't that what YOU want back right now, though?

I don't know. That should give you a hint.

But if it becomes a consensus, after we reinstall plugins, that it's still a shitshow and a disaster, I'll change it. Majority wins.

Until then, again, please show a little patience and trust. It'd be appreciated.

Sol.
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~

Messages In This Thread
RE: *** WELCOME HOME - AN ALL MEMBERS READ *** - by Sol - 10-17-2022, 09:54 AM