Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Which ones of the 10 commandments have you broke? (If any)
(10-11-2022, 06:47 PM)Finspiracy Wrote: Is that so? Well, let's compare a donkey and a human being. How many nuclear bombs have donkeys made? How many nuclear bombs have humans made, with their "conscious and informed decisions" and "agency"?

How many oceans have donkeys polluted, how many have humans?

How many genocides have donkeys done, how many have humans?

How many reality TV shows have donkeys created, how many have humans?

You get my drift... If this is the "agency" Then it is an agency of despair and death, and nothing to be proud about.

true enough, but what does any of that have to do with God? I don't see where any of it could be classified as "sin". Bad behavior, for sure, but not sin, as no gods are involved in it to sin against.

Quote:Is sin really a willful decision to go against God? Sincere question. I thought my will has been like.. get batshit drunk, maybe gamble a little bit, insult some mind-controlled robot people online and stuff like that. The genuine will and intent was not to go against God. The genuine will and intent was to fill the needs of my endless hedonism. I think i have sin. A lot.

Yes. "Sin" is willful rebellion against God. Animals cannot sin, because they do not posses agency. Even human children cannot sin before they have attained the age of reason, which differs from person to person. They cannot sin if they are unaware that their actions are sinful.

Quote:By the way, how do you know that donkeys are unable to willfully go against God? How do you know donkeys are not Gods themselves? Question everything!

Because they do not posses agency - they are unaware that what they do is wrong, even if it is. For example, a lion does not commit murder when it kills a human - killing is just a way of life for lions, and they do not know that what they are doing is "wrong", because it is not objectively wrong for them. It is just their nature.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which ones of the 10 commandments have you broke? (If any) - by Ninurta - 10-11-2022, 09:18 PM