Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
This place is perfect, Don't change a thing.
(09-26-2022, 08:01 PM)Freija Wrote: @"MisterSpock" So at this friendly neighborhood pub we're all hanging out at, you're buying the drinks, right?

Spocky boy really means this message of community and conversation whole heartedly as he phoned me late last night basically asking why so serious and bitchy/angry all the time and in offering explanations, it helped me realize that I don't need to take out all my worldly frustrations on the folks here and I should try to lighten up.

Having withdrawn completely from society and friends, with no other outlet for discussing or venting about the things that bother me or that I am passionate about tends to bottle up resulting in an unleashing folks here could do without. That's one reason I disappeared for so many months but upon returning, it seems I forgot about my tendency to be argumentative so I will try to be a bit more composed and friendly from now on with of course, not making any promises when my buttons get pushed on those topics most are aware are dear to my heart.

So if Spock is buying, I'll have some Jameson please and a beer. Make that two rounds of each and I might actually be nice!  tinybiggrin

You're fine. Consider us your pressure relief valve. Venting is fine, too - it keeps folks from occasionally blowing up. The only thing is, we need to avoid directing the steam at any members, so as not to burn them too bad. But if it's directed at ridiculous concepts or a shitty world at large, have at it!

Tengo dos manos, así que dame dos cervezas por favor.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: This place is perfect, Don't change a thing. - by Ninurta - 09-26-2022, 09:14 PM