Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
This place is perfect, Don't change a thing.
We've all been all over the internet, I think many of us have been around to see the various changes that have happened over the years and how communication has changed. The forum is well behind the times when it comes to all the new forms of "social media" with tweets, twits, pics and toks bombarding weak minds with all sorts of nonsense.

Forums, though, were the peak as far as i'm concerned, because they had the last sense of community about them.

It was a place where you still saw discourse, people butting heads, ideologies colliding, but the one thing they still had, was that small sense of community by way of the users. At the end of the day, we all knew one another, it wasn't a vast sea of a million random voices shouting into the dark.

I think of places like this, places I've been in the past and you can divide people into certain groups, certain thoughts, but when you are a small community, one thing stays the same. We are here, we are the few, that at the end of the day, and when all the disagreements are pushed aside.

We are better for being part of a small community of people who aren't just screaming at shadows in the dark, but discussing our thoughts with people who we actually KNOW something about, people we actually view as individuals.

In the end, after a hard days work, I like to think of places like this as a bar, when all is said and done, we all can step up there, order a drink and just find common ground about the stupid simple things in life, which in the end are the things we all share.

So they aren't really that stupid.

Messages In This Thread
This place is perfect, Don't change a thing. - by MisterSpock - 09-26-2022, 06:08 AM