Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
About Those “Nuclear Secrets”
(09-10-2022, 10:22 PM)FlyingClayDisk Wrote:
(09-09-2022, 04:02 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(09-09-2022, 03:31 PM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: The spin is great on that article IMO.

The "tells" that stand out for me most were the following.

The "more than 100" classified documents, that can range from 101 documents to as many as 199, were then referred to as "hundreds" of documents that could go from 200 to as high as 999.

Also, the most sensitive document involved a "foreign government’s military defenses, including its nuclear capabilities". Although this was classified, it may have been information available to the public already. Otherwise it has some other information that was highly classified. Perhaps it's because of our defensive counter measures that may have been in the document. Being so highly classified, I see no reason to mention anything about what that information may be except for some political agenda.

Those two things alone make me suspicious of the veracity of this report and makes me lean toward it being a propaganda piece.

Not paying much attention to this in the media.

I agree with you that the information was probably public knowledge or at least well-known by anyone who has interest in the subject. The classification was likely derived from the general nature of protecting the source of the information. IOW, a conversation likely occurred overseas, the collector of the information was justifying paying a dinner bill, generated a field report documenting the discussion, and slapped a classification on it based on the nature of the subject. Pretty common stuff.

How classified documents wound up at Mar-a-Lago? Does anyone think Trump actually did any packing as he left The White House? People are so damned stoopid these days they'll believe anything they hear on the news. So, again, agree there's nothing more than a political agenda we're being made to look at.

Our defensive countermeasures for a nuclear attack are laffable ... and those of some foreign military cannot be described ... as the reality is: Defense against a nuclear attack is realistically impossible. Too much propaganda circulating to even begin an effort of sifting through and determining what's true and what's a lie.  That had to be one of their goals all along.

Clown World!!

BINGO!...Clown World!

On the subject of countermeasures, yes, such a discussion is indeed laughable!  "Star Wars", back during the Reagan era, had one objective...'Spend the Soviet Union into OBLIVION!'  As such, it was one of the most effective 'counter-measures' and nuclear deterrents ever devised...and it never had to fire a single shot!

The general public are idiots anymore!  They'll believe anything the MSM says.  They somehow think Star Wars was/is real, so..."Surely it should be FAR more advanced now, right?"  WRONG!  It was never real, people!  (Not in a tactical/deploy-able sense)

Need proof?  One of the most advanced missile counter-measures systems is the Patriot system.  Defending against the lowest tech missiles imaginable, dumb SCUDs, out of Saddam's archaic arsenal, the Patriots had a whopping 9% effectiveness ratio (which stands to this day).  You read that correctly, folks...nine percent...meaning nine successes out of every one hundred attempts...9/100 ths; that's it!  Now, think about it, so now we're going to shoot down an intercontinental ballistic missile traveling at 15,000mph...with MIRVs no less?????  C'mon!  Wake Up~!

But...but...but...we shot down one of our own spy satellites, right?  LOL!  Yeah, a relatively stationary piece of space junk (albeit brand new, and a colossal waste of US taxpayer $$$), tumbling out of control...yep, sure did!  Let's compare the differences, shall we?

1. Shooting a tumbling relatively stationary satellite in a known orbit with a known trajectory ~= shooting a twice-shot, mortally wounded, coyote at 10 yards.

2. Shooting down (50) incoming ICBM's, each with (10) MIRVs (for a total of (500) inbound threats) ~= Winning the Mega-Lottery, while getting laid by Margo Robbie, and getting hit by lightning, while drowning in a tidal wave in the Gobi desert...standing on one leg and (successfully) reciting the alphabet backwards!  In other words...AIN'T GONNA' HAPPEN!!!!

Welllll ... I'd have to say that those advanced missile countermeasures have this ability to peer across borders.  I don't know whether knocking missiles out of the sky is what their 'real' intent is or not.  But the THAAD deployment against China raised a LOT of hackles.

Also ... I worked security on a couple of high energy SDI projects that bore fruit. I started referring to one as the phaser beam. I think they physically relocated it just because the nickname caught on.  Could've been the accidental discharge too. <hee hee> Got me a tax-payer funded trip out to the National Ignition Facility as a distraction. Very cool!!

Check your stats on MIRV re-entry speeds.  As memory serves they're at almost 50,000mph. A streak of light with just the slightest hint of an arc.

Messages In This Thread
RE: About Those “Nuclear Secrets” - by BIAD - 09-09-2022, 08:26 AM
RE: About Those “Nuclear Secrets” - by Snarl - 09-09-2022, 04:02 PM
RE: About Those “Nuclear Secrets” - by Snarl - 09-11-2022, 02:01 PM